We got there yesterday around noon, just in time for dinner. Kenna requested Grandpa's homemade french fries and they made 'Standing Chicken' with it. It is amazing. Mmmm... there is really nothing like grandma and grandpa's cooking. Grandma swears she takes all the calories out of all the things she cooks and bakes...chocolate cake, angel food cake, cherry cake, pies...HOMEMADE BREAD!!! Mmmm...it all brings back such wonderful memories of my childhood when I would beg to stay 'just one more night' that would turn into 5.
Kids spent a lot of time out on the trampoline, swing set and playing by the ditch...
First of all this is NO FAIR!! Our flowers haven't even begun to sprout, let alone bloom....So pretty! I am soo ready for our tulips and daffodils to bloom.
The ride home...We are spending a week in Bear Lake in about 5 weeks and it is still frozen!! Do you know how cold it is going to be??
"Grampy" in the Blue house and Marissa. Marissa was so excited that they had the same drinks. She is next to me now reminding me of that.
Brady got this snorkeling gear from TJMaxx and insisted on taking a bath...that is usually such a struggle!!
When he went under ( I am so mean) I plugged the spout? and then blew in it. He came up giggling.
Grandpa and the bubble wand. Brady was keeping score. Such a boy.
Snuggles. I love that they are going to have so many of the same memories I do.
Grandma, Kenna and Missy...snuggling in her chair. I remember sitting in the same spot.
Grandpa called Brady from his cell phone to mine, which Brady had. That entertained them for a bit. Cracked me up.
The trampoline. Marissa was too cute. She hasn't been on one too often, but did great!
I am so glad that Grandpa and Grandma Great in the Blue house are close enough that my kids know and have such a wonderful relationship with them. The absolutely love being able to go visit, and we don't get over there nearly enough.
I spent weeks of my summers as a kid in that house with them, (although I think it was peach at the time)...We had a clubhouse in the hill, would visit Grandma Great, "help" Grandpa with his gardening and of course, make our own mini loaves of bread. Some of my greatest childhood memories are at that house on Hollow Road. I am so glad that our kids have such wonderful Great Grandparents and will have so many of the same memories.
We love you Grandma and Grampy in the Blue house!!
4 comments:
That's so great your kids can enjoy that!! We live to stinkin far from any Grandparents to do that! We do love our trips to Disneyland so the kids can see their only Grandpa they have! And I have to say I'm quite impressed at how Tech Savvy they are! My MOM can barely use her cell phone!!
Hey Lish,
I love what you said about Grandpa and Grandma Blau. All of it is so true. I too have so many memories growing up at their house. We had a lot of really fun times.
That is awesome! Your kids are so lucky. I think my girls will have good memories like those of their grandparents, but my own grandpa lives in Brigham and we probably only see him once or twice a year. Pathetic I know, but that's just kind of how it's always been. I think it's awesome that you will take the time to drive all the way to Logan so that your kids can know them the way you do.
CUPCAKE!!!! How are you? I hope you don't mind me checking out the blog... I was wondering if it was you. How are your mom and dad and family? It's been awhile since we saw you, at the hotel I think when we were surprised that we were in the same one! Your family is soooo cute, just like you! I hope everything is great for you. Our family is growing and my BABY is 20!!! check out my blog and you can see how many we have for now! Great reading about you!
Post a Comment