

Soo.. We have never been on a "real" family vacation. Lots of time at the lake, weekend trips to SLC or my grandpa's in Logan, or to Vegas...again to visit family. So we are going all out this summer...just WHERE??
Originally, we were going to Cozumel, Mexico. A friend of ours had been and absolutely LOVED it...stayed at an all-inclusive resort where EVERYTHING is paid sounds great. But it was a little more than we were thinking. We will pay the money, just want to make sure we are getting a good deal. So we have started shopping around...Jamaica, Puerto Vellarta, Cabo, Cancun, Cozumel....WHERE!! Want somewhere beachy...want to be able to go snorkeling and play outside all day. Doesn't nessessarily have to be out of the country...but why not? Then is Cancun or Cabo to "adult"? But we really don't want to go where it is completely geared towards kids either. Issues, I swear.
Then thought about a cruise. That will be fun too...Brady is absolutely TERRIFIED of any characters...he had to leave the high school basketball game on Friday because of the Tiger mascot. Yes, it is that bad. So that puts Disney Cruises out, but maybe another? But maybe with kids it would be better to say in one spot, less stressful..no scheduled dinners, ect. I have no idea.
Then our last issue. Marissa. Do we really spend $1700 for her to come when she won't remember? Would she have more fun staying with Grampy or a friend? Then I have major guilt because it is our first offical family vacation and she wouldn't be there...Agggh!!! See, I need help! Suggestions??? Please??
13 comments:
I am no help on this one. I have been to Hawaii but that is about it. We are trying to decide whether or not to take our kids on cruise next spring. Anywhere other than the cold is good, right?
By the way that picture of me is hideous, what was I thinking?
It is hilarious. Abby cracked me up too. I am just glad I wasnt there. That would have been scary!
So THANK YOU very much for all your help!!! And I have been thinking about your trip since we talked about it the other day. What about taking a trip to Disneyland and Sea World or something like that with the kids and then you and Marcus go on a cruise or something for some romantic alone time!! If you know what i mean. I would do that if i were you! You can find some pretty good deals through like travel agencies for Disneyland. Just a thought. Call me!!!! Love ya!
Cant do Disneyland yet...Brady can't handle the characters. The RSHS Tiger was clear across the gym when he lost it. Maybe San Diego and Sea World though...that could work.
So I much prefer Sea World over Disneyland. It is crowded yes, but not nearly as much as Disneyland. No long lines and just about as much fun stuff to do! So for sure do a cruise or something fun for some "alone" time!! Then no guilty feelings for anyone!! (:
Not fair. I am also no help but I am jealous. I will be vacationing at Lake Powell and the sand dunes. boring!
hey I would be scared of a big tiger too. They are big and mean. I absolutley love San Diego. Sea World was awesome. We are taking Ellie there in May and I am soo excited for her. Have fun deciding
I really like San Diego you could do alot of fun stuff there like the zoo is very cool there you have the beach that is right there and sea world that would be a fun trip. What is nice to is that you can go in the summer time when it is hot every where but is so nice that and not hot. you just have to watch not to go to eary in the year or your kids will been cold. well I don't know if I was any help at all but caming is alway fun if you go some where that you haven't been and went caming..
hey I thought that picture was great!!!!
You can get great pack deals of the San Diego Zoo, Lego land, and Sea World- we have been there afew times and the kids LOVED it! Of course our fav is Disney, but if you can't handle characters- wait on that one!
So we are cruise lovers (even though our last experience was a nightmare)! It's kind of like the all inclusive thing where as once you are on the boat all your food and activities are paid for. Plus, you usually have three stops so it gives you a chance to see lots of different places and the best part........Carniival has this thing called camp carnival that is included with your price and it's basically like daycare but much, much better! All three of your kids qualify for it so when they are there, it would just be you and Marcus which is always nice. We are going on one in April and we are taking Dax because of the camp carnival. I feel bad leaving him because I know he would have so much fun but it's nice to know that we will have time just for us too! Anyway, call me if you want more details. I married into a family of cruise experts so I know all the ins and outs!
I say, just pick one and wait a few years and pick another one. I would take my kids on a cruise yet becuase when we went I saw little kids and it gave me anxiety thinking, What if they leaned to far-- I was stressed everytime I saw a child. I am like you though, do you take the little ones, will they feel left out later in life because you left them home, but they wont remembre anything???? Ahhj the choices, Einy meanie miny mo it.
Post a Comment