
McKenna got a part in the Missoula's Children Theater play Robinson Crusoe. She was part of the frowny face tribe. It was really cute. She is on the end with the purple hair.
Riding the "train" Trax to the game.
Marissa and Marcus' Aunt Cheryl.
Aunt Cheryl and McKenna
Me and Rissa.
We went to SLC on Tuesday to meet Aunt Cheryl and Uncle George from Las Vegas. They are traveling with the Rebels (UNLV) and the UNLV vs U of U game was Wednesday night. Marcus and I met them late Tuesday and Chris and Sam brought the kids the next day. Whoo hoo for us!!
The kids LOVED the game, I am surprised Kenna still has a voice. And Brady loves the girls. Such a nerd. We lost, which sucked, but it was just by a few points and a really good game. We stayed that night as well and after hitting Olive Garden and Costco, we headed home.
Once again, Sam and Chris took Kenna and Brady and we had Marissa cuz she said her belly hurt. We had to go through Ogden to get a trailer for Marcus' work. By the time we got to Evanston, which is about 100 miles from Rock Springs and SLC, the freeway was closed. It was soo bad, the wind was blowing that snow EVERYWHERE and at times it was a complete white-out. Doubly bad towing a trailer. Sam and Chris had made it though, and ended up pulling over for a while in Lyman. They did make it home with no problems...other than a bored and annoying 5 year old!!
Marcus, Rissa and I got a room in Evanston..THANK GOODNESS. When we left the next morning the roads were STILL closed and there were so many sleeping in cars because the rooms were sold out. I can't even imagine.
We went the back way through Kemmerer, which adds like 2 hours, but at least we would be home?? Not quite. Went throught Kemmerer and got 7 miles from I-80 and the trucks and traffic were completely stopped because of a wreck. After sitting for 30 minutes, we saw the wrecker go by so thought it would be soon. Nope, THREE HOURS later, we bailed and went yet another way. Roads were still awful, but we made it. What was supposed to be a 1 hour drive, took us 8 1/2 hours. Marissa was soo good, so that made it a lot easier. I took pictures of the roads with Marcus' phone. I will have to have him send them to me so I can share. Even they don't do justice. Whiteouts are so scary!! I am so glad Marcus' is as good of a driver as he is. I think if I were driving we would still be somewhere between Ogden and Evanston.
3 comments:
I'm glad you guys survived and got home! I hate driving in the snow, it freaks me out!! It sure makes for fun memories doesn't it?
Thanks for your comments! Oh my goodness, look how cute your page is...I love it! Oh, I miss going to plays...I'm sure Kenna was so dang cute. Brady is such a ladies man....I love it!
I hate winter. It needs to go away.
Post a Comment