Took this when I was looking at the house with the realtor so I could show Marcus.
Excuse the mess!! Holy cow! But this was after I had taken all the cabinet fronts off to TRY to sand.
Ta Da!!!
HUGE difference. Now for the appliances....
So this is for Uncle George....
We bought this house 3 years ago. It was right when the boom started up here and homes were flying off the market. This house was only on the market 11 days. Insane. Anyways, the one thing I always hated was the kitchen. It was TINY especially for as big of a house it is. Well, last spring, I decided to sand and stain the cabinets in the kitchen. It turned out to be WAY too much work, so I went to Home Depot. They have ready-made cabinets for really cheap. Long story short, we ended up spending WAY LOTS of moo-lah, Home Depot did custom cabinets, we got rid of that nasty white tile countertop, tore down a wall to open it up, put in the island (LOVE) ripped up the hardwood and funky blue carpet, took the popcorn ceiling down, repainted, tiled to WHOLE room and this only took....5 MONTHS! Ew, I was soo sick of eating out, it was ridiculous. I think the kids were too and that says a lot. By the way, if your going to do a major remodel, do it in the winter! We missed some great boating days working in that thing. I LOVE the end result. It completely opened the whole thing, now I have to keep the kitchen clean cuz that is the first thing you see, but that is a good and bad thing. ;)
7 comments:
Way to go you guys! It is beautiful!!
That is awesome Lish! I have been waiting for you to put the new kitchen on since you told me you would a while ago. Gosh!JK. It is beautiful. My husband says the same thing about remodeling. Its for the winter time. There is to much playing to be done in the summer time.
Elisha- I'm so glad you found me, how fun! good job on your kitchen! talk to ya later! Beckie Griffiths (Pearson)
That looks incredible!!!
Wow that's great looks sooo good
It looks so good. I love projects, even though they control your life. I am trying to talk Troy into starting one in our basement.
Lish, I think it turned out awesome. Love the backsplash!!!
Post a Comment