
Marcus and I were watching the news last night when it was announced that President Hinkley had passed away. My eyes instantly filled with tears. What an amazing man he was, I know that is influence will continue for many years to come. He will be greatly missed, but I am so happy for him that he was once again reunited with the love of his life. How happy must they both be right now.
President Hinkley will always have an extra place in my heart because he got Marcus and I together, seriously. President Hinkley came to, of all places, Spring Creek Nevada on April 20, 1997 to speak the the church members. This was an amazing experience to be able to sit in the high school and listen to him speak. However, Marcus and I had been flirting and blah blah blah.. we made a 'bet' that if he came to hear him speak with me, I would buy him dinner. (Marcus wasn't active in the church at this time and you know I had to try.) If he didn't show, he would buy me dinner. Marcus says he didn't come on purpose thinking I wouldn't really take him. I know he still regrets not taking advantage of that opportunity, but what do you do when you are 17?? So...we went do dinner, and lived happily ever after.
Thank You President Hinkley. You will be greatly missed.
2 comments:
What an awesome story. That is a cool thing to have to remember him by. Thanks for sharing it.
That is an awesome story. He is one of the most amazing people to me. He will be deeply missed. And yes thanks for sharing that story. Love Ya.
Post a Comment