Wednesday, January 23, 2008

My Little Man



My friends little boy is one of those kids that does it all. He is in hockey, wrestling, soccer...on and on. Brady wanted to wrestle like Matthew so we signed him up. I didn't know what to expect. Brady is such a sweetheart and the least aggressive kid you would ever met. Seriously, Marissa makes him cry daily. Anyways, I signed him up because he wanted it so badly thinking it would make him a man or make him cry. I was SOO shocked how well he is doing. He weighs a whole 36 pounds at 5 1/2 years old...but he is doing awesome. He can do the take-downs and gets the kids into half nelsons (I still don't know what that is) and he hasn't cried once yet.
Last night at practice, he got paired up with little Lainie. She is the only girl wrestler on the team. He still took her down, but when it was Lainie's turn to take Brady down, there was no resistance! I don't know if he didn't want to hurt her feelings or what, but it was hilarious. My brother, Jed, gives him a hard time about beating up girls every time he calls. It is hilarious.
Their meet is on Saturday, so I will actually take my camera (these were Marcus' phone) and get some good ones. He is excited, so we will see how he does.
Side note...My friend found an old singlet of Matthews for Brady and he has worn it to bed since. I had to steal it and wash it after 4 days AND nights. Little stink.

7 comments:

The Blackburn Family said...

Cute! I am afraid thats the way my boy would be. Good Luck with the meet.

Unstoppable Lindsey said...

Oh my goodness...I know he will take em down! Go Brady! Seriously, he shouldn't be all acting tough with chicks...I don't care who gives permission! love yer guts. Looks like things are going well....

The Sumkos said...

That is so cute! How fun to go to the meets. Make sure you take lots of pics!!

Wild Rasmussen said...

That's great that he wants to do that. He will be great. I wish that one of my boys was like that but we have all wild ones Harlie is so wild some times she drives me crazy!!!

Darrell and Alissa said...

That is so cute! I didn't know they had wresteling for little kids- so fun!

Tara said...

Super cute. He would fit so well in my family. They are all slightly obsessed with wrestling.

brenda said...

I am glad you washed his gear. Maybe that was helping him win though, all that smelly boy smell. Just kidding. I hope his kicks but on saturday!!!