Saturday, January 26, 2008

AND THE WINNER IS...

Waiting to be paired up.

Going for the take-down.



Isn't that the cutest thing you have ever seen!!

Brady, kinda. He got third place for his age and weight bracket. The catch? There are only three kids in his age and weight bracket. He was completely THRILLED that he got a "trophy" (it is a medal). He is trying to convince me that we need to buy "one of those things that I can put all my trophy's on". He cracks me up.

His first match, the other little boy was a no-show, so Brady automatically won that one. The next match was against our friends little boy Shane. As soon as we saw that we were like "aghh". Shane is AWESOME! But Brady held his own. Little Matthew was by me being Brady's coach (neither me or Marcus know squat about wrestling) and was yelling at him the whole time as to what he should do. I think Matthew was more upset Brady lost than Brady was, he just wanted to go finish his nachos.

I am so proud of him. He held his own and was such a good sport. There were so many kids crying and throwing fits when they would lose, Brady went and shook Shane's hand. He enjoyed it, but I am SOO glad it is over. Two practices a week is a lot, especially when you throw in basketball practices and games! I am sure he will be wearing the medal for at least 2 weeks, to bed and all.

2 comments:

The Blackburn Family said...

That's awesome! What a stud! Your kids are adorable. You are such a good mom.

The Sumkos said...

Way to go Brady, you are awesome!!