Sunday, August 17, 2008

The DREADED talk....

So we were on our way to the movie, Nims Island (it is a summer special thing, you get to see oldish movies-$7 for 10 movies and the last 2 are usually newer releases...Wall-e and Kung Fu Panda..) Anyways.

I don't have any idea what brought it up but Brady wanted to know how babies get into mommy's bellies. It wasn't "Where do babies come from?" which is a lot easier to answer...but "HOW do they get there?"

Ugh.

So I try to get off easy.... "When moms and dads love each other a lot, they can make a baby to go inside mommys tummy"

-keep in mind Kenna and Marissa are in the car and we haven't had THE TALK with Kenna yet-

Didn't satisfy him AT ALL. "But HOW do they get there?"

I tried repeating the same answer over again, just with different wording. That didn't work. Okay, here I go...

"When mommys and daddys love each other a lot, they can do a special hug that helps the babies get in mommys belly". (Me grimacing, hoping that will be enough information)

Pause.....complete silence.

"So, then does Jesus just say the magic word?"

"Yup, buddy. He sure does."

Seriously. Where did he come from??

9 comments:

ShandeeO said...

That is too funny....I'm dreading that day!! AAAHHH

Darrell and Alissa said...

Oh my heavens!! How did you keep a straight face?! Does it make you want to have the talk with Kenna yet?! We have had a few questions- but i am so not ready to have the real talk!!

The Blackburn Family said...

Oh my gosh Lish that is sooo hilarious!! That kid is way to smart for his own good. Ha Ha I will let the school take care of that talk for me with Lil. Sadly that talk happens this year. Weren't we the ones just going through the talk at school and now we have daughters almost that old?! Wow!!!!

The Blackburn Family said...

I like your twilight thing. At least your heart belongs to your hubby right? LOL

Tara Bergsjo said...

Wow that is a conversation I do not want to have for lots of years! Make sure you check out the conversation I put on my blog! Kids are great!!

The Sumkos said...

That is DANG funny!! Gotta love those moments. Ya did good though!

The Sumkos said...

That is DANG funny!! Gotta love those moments. Ya did good though!

Karen said...

Just wait until your baby is 20! Life after kindergarten goes soo fast. You are right, those kind of questions are hard to know how far to explain! Some kids just want to know a little, others the whole thing! Good luck withthat!

Embellish the Moment said...

Oh man! That is hilarious. I like the 'special hug' reply! Good answer! The worst of it is that you will have to explain it to Kenna for real soon enough. I hope I still have a long time before we get to those questions.