Thursday, May 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Brady!!

So it is Brady's 6th Birthday today. Insane. He has been counting down for his big day for at least 2 weeks. For a while it was all his fingers then 2 or 3 of mine and that was FOREVER! We had NO idea what to get him for his birthday. He originally wanted a wet suit, but got that from Nana and Papa Dave so then he started asking for a 4-wheeler. Little fart. I picked him up from school to take him shopping. He wanted to go to the mall. Our mall is completely ghetto. We have a Vanity, GNC, Penney's, Herbergers, Hallmark, Famous Footwear, Footlocker, Christopher and Banks and a Maurices. That is it. There isn't even a food court...I take that back, we do have a pretzel maker. So I had no idea why he wanted to go there?? We did end up finding a very cool pair of shoes for him from Footlocker. He has a little bit of a shoe fetish like his dad.

We met Marcus, Sam and Chris at Applebees after for lunch. He insisted I tell the waiter it was his birthday. He did get sung to and it was so flippin cute. He wasn't all embarrassed or anything. He was like "Thats right, it is my birthday".

He did get a little jipped with the whole party thing. We are going camping tomorrow and have SO much to do to get ready and it is Marissa's birthday on Monday, so I we are going to do a combined BBQ party then. We did use one of his cone cakes and sang to him.







OK...now I will share some things about Mr Brady Patrick. He is seriously such a ham. One of the funniest things ever it to watch him play soccer. He has this run that is all hips. He isn't aggressive, at all, so ends up looking like that dog that herds the sheep together. It is too funny. He is actually doing a little better this year and has kicked the ball a few times. He absolutely loves it though.


Brady likes to do push-ups. Forever he would do them on his knees and would use that somehow to make it look like he was doing one hand or even push-ups with no hands. All in the waist. Such a nerd. Now he has really good form. It is insane. One day after doing push ups he was sore. I told him it was probably from all the push-ups. He said, "Nope, it is from swimming".




Brady Brady Brady...I don't even know. He is such a turkey. Loves to be the center of attention. Will do off the wall things -like push ups- so that he is. He says the weirdest things. I have no idea where he comes up with some of the things he says. He will tell me that he is going to jump off a cliff, or hit his head on the wall and that school is for losers. What?? Remember the Superman stunt? He tried flying AGAIN the other day. This time it was at Julie's house off her porch. Luckily he just bumped his head and was a little embarrassed.


He does love his sister. Being 2 years and 4 days apart they are together a lot. Brady will often play house with Marissa and a lot of the time Brady get Rissa to play scooters or something. They do love each other.



This is one of my absolute favorite pictures of Brady. So him. He was about 3.


Grampy, Brady and Kenna on Brady's 2nd birthday. Check out the size of that head!! Insane. He is such a cute little kid.


I love that chicklet teeth phase.



Bear Lake June 04. Hilarious. He thought he was pretty cool.

We are so lucky to have Braden in our lives! He definitely makes things interesting and always keeps us on our toes. Brady was born 5 weeks early. I was determined that it was false labor so didn't go to the hospital forever. By the time I got there I was already at a 5 and had him like 2 1/2 hours later at 9:47 pm. He was a little guy, 5 lbs 5 oz and 17 1/2". He stayed at Jordan Valley for a week before he was transferred to Primary Children's. He has a heart murmur. Poor guy. Originally we were trying to get him to eat so he would have enough strength to get through his surgery. But his little heart was working so hard to pump blood, he didn't have the energy to eat. He had balloon dilation surgery at 10 days old. We "went on a picnic" a week later. (You NEVER say you are going home when at Primary's it ALWAYS jinxes it).

Brady loves school, even though he says he doesn't. His teachers all love him. He loves American Gladiators! I accidently erased all last seson from our DVR and he was so bummed. Thank goodness it is on again! He loves that show. Brady was also born with 2 webbed toes on each foot. We call them his fishy feet and tell him they make him swim really fast. He thinks they are pretty cool.

Another little story...sorry, I am rambling. We went to KMart after Applebees to find him something else for his birthday. We were looking at mitts and balls, little golfing sets and stuff like that. He says "Mom! I know what I want. I want one of those things that like covers your eyes when you are sleeping". What? Marcus is going to be SO proud. We searched KMart and didn't find one, so I went back to Claires. It is black and blue..(the best I could do) and says Dreaming on the front. Whatever, he is happy. It was so random though! Kenna doesn't have one so he must have seen it on Zoey 101 or something. I swear that kid....

Happy Birthday Brady! We love you soo much!


1 comment:

Tara Bergsjo said...

It is so crazy that he is already 6! I didn't relize that him and my oldest daughter McKayla were so close in age. Her Birthday is in August and is turning 7, so they are about 9 months apart. Brady has an awesome personality and is very cute! I remember the first time he showed me his one handed and no hands push-ups! I thought that was one of the funniest things I had ever seen, I told so many people about that cute kid!! Happy Birthday Brady!!!