Friday, February 11, 2011

Derby Dude

Brady had his first Pinewood Derby Race on Feb 2. Of course we were scrambling to get his car ready on Feb 1st. He was pretty excited about it. I was excited the Michaels carries pre-made derby cars…no carving here! B picked out a drag racer and painted it all up. We waited for weigh-ins to put the weights on. I figured, pre-made would be pretty close to the 5 oz, right?? WRONG! The car could weigh 142 somethings and Brady's was only 92! Marcus was taping shop keys wherever he could fit them. Still ended up only being about 122. It worked though, and B was excited to race.

Derby and 33 weeks 005Derby and 33 weeks 006

He raced 3 times and ended up being in a 3-way tie for 2nd. So another set of races to break that tie happened. One of the cars kept leaping off the track so there was at least 4 re-dos.

Derby and 33 weeks 010

This is Brady after he took 2nd in the tie-breaker race. Hilarious.

Derby and 33 weeks 012

B ended up taking 3rd. Not to shabby for being one of eleven boys. I think he had a great time. He is bummed he has to wait a whole year before the next race…

Derby and 33 weeks 018

And the belly update.

First, I went to the doctor on the 3rd. She asked how I was feeling, I replied, “Huge”. She agreed! I was measuring about 3 weeks ahead. Guessing he is going to be a 8 pounder. Now. Marissa was our biggest at a whopping 5 lbs 15 oz. She was only 10 days early too. 8 friggin pounds! That is ginormous. I am scared. I go in for a “size discrimination” ultrasound on the 22nd. We will see what little man is looking like in there….and how scared I really should be.

HUGE-ness. Growing out of my maternity. I don’t think I will get away with wearing this shirt again. Bummer, I just bought it. I will be 33 weeks on Monday.

Derby and 33 weeks 024Derby and 33 weeks 028

Also…last Saturday, my neighbor friend Jo wanted to go to Target to do some baby shopping. She is due with a little girl about 8 weeks after I am. So we made plans and I walked/waddled down the hill to her house.  Little snot had a surprise baby shower for me. I had no clue. It was awesome. I have never had a surprise anything before. Marcus had been in on it for over a month. He is is trouble too.

Got lots of good stuff. Clothes, a pack and play and a bedding set. Little man is hooked up. Somehow it feels so much more official when you have diapers in the house.

I so love my friends. They are rockstars. I really didn’t expect a shower. It is our fault we decided to have another after getting rid of everything…lol. It was a lot of fun. So thank you girls. ;)

2 comments:

Tara Bergsjo said...

Great job on the derby! I love the belly!! You are beautiful!!!

Lindsay said...

Congrats, Brady! I can't believe he is that old already. Lish, I know you don't feel it, but you look beautiful, belly and all! I'm so happy for you and your family!