Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Holy Belly Batman!!

Ok. Well talk about some of the not so scary things first. Like Kenna. She heard at school about this hillbilly voo-doo that will bring a snow day. It involves 5 ice cubes in the toilet. Wearing your pjs inside-out, freezing a spoon and putting it upside down underneath your pillow and screaming “Snow” while spinning in circles. Guess what?!? Both times she has done it, it has worked. Crazy Hillbilly Voo-doo!!

DSC_0010

Then Brady and his Mini-Me Nick from up the street. They are hilarious and a little inseparable. They play together everyday. Everything from hockey to football to building snowmen to wrestling. It is funny. They are good for each other. Keeps me sane having Brady someone to play with.

DSC_0015DSC_0018

Brady has also become a DIE-HARD Steelers fan. It is hilarious. He told me why they got a safety during the game last week. He seriously knows! Crazy kid. Also loves Troy Polamalu. Obviously.

Photo205

Now for the scary stuff. Some were just cell phone pics..so you know. They stink. But you’ll get the drift.

Here is me at the beginning of October. I was about 13 weeks and we hadn’t told anyone yet. I believe this was the day we picked up Marcus’ mom and aunt from the airport. I felt like I was huge and they were for sure going to know before we got home and they saw Marissa in her “Big Sister” shirt.

Photo096

End of October. Busting out the maternity. I really thought that since my body had a chance to “forget” this time since it has been 7 years (yes, 7 YEARS) since I was pregnant last, I wouldn’t get so stinking big so fast. I guess I forget that I am 5 foot nothing (seriously, was measured at the pediatrician office) our babies have NO where else to go but straight out. I was around 16 weeks here.

Photo150

One short month later and not the greatest picture. This was our family photo shoot at Thanksgiving. We had found out we were having a boy. I was about 22 weeks.

November and Family Pics 426

This lovely was last freaking night. Holy Belly Batman. I knew I was big, but really? I still have 9 weeks and 5 days to go!! Where in the world is that baby going to fit? Seriously. I am a little afraid. I am convinced that there is 2 in there, and have even been thinking of names. Either that or he is going to be a monster. But with Marissa our biggest at 5 lbs 15 oz, I would consider anything about 6.5 a monster. Really, I am afraid. Marcus just tells me that it has been 7 years and I forget that I get this big every time. Oh gosh.

DSC_0031

Other than that, not a lot here. Got car seat and stroller delivered yesterday. Even got one of those cool strollers with the extendable handle because Marcus likes to push, but it too tall to do it for long.

Kenna has been sick. Thought it was turning into strep, but I think we may have gotten lucky. I swear, someone in this house has been sick all winter. Super fun.

Kids had a 2 hour early dismissal today. Got a couple inches of snow within about 90 minutes. Really was coming down and those roads are nasty. Brady was so excited to come home early, until he realized that it meant that church activities were cancelled as well and he had his Pinewood Derby tonight. Oh well, he’ll race that little car next week.

I have officially hit the “crafty” period. Is that considered nesting? I have been making baby blankets and burp rags. Even made Marissa little diapers for her babies. Need to go back to the fabric store. ;)

Happy Day everyone!!

2 comments:

Tara said...

Oh Lish I LOVE it. I am feeling so big already at 14 weeks! It is true though that us short girls have no where to hide it. I think you look great. It's all belly.

brenda said...

You are so funny, I love the comment from Marcus that you just forget you always get that big! They just don't get it. Anyways I think you look great!