Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Thankful.

I love to blog hop. It is fun. I love seeing people I haven't seen for years and years and seeing what they are up to now. I love seeing the different backgrounds and all of it...so I am snoopy. I admit it. Lol.

Lately, I have been doing a not so fun form of blog hopping. Those 'angel' blogs. You know the ones, Baby Stellan, Sweet Lucy, Little Camille, Blue Eyed Jackson, and Inspiring Audrey.

I cannot tell you how hard I was crying last night. I should know better. Marcus had to do a last minute trip to North Dakota, so he wasn't home last night. So, I get on the computer and read about Audrey. WOW. Her mom, Angie, is incredible. Such faith and understanding. She is a beautiful writer and has taken such tragedy and turned it into something that others are able to grasp onto in their time of struggles and need. And I absolutely LOVE the music that is on her site. I have it playing now. Wow.

They make you realize how precious and fragile life really is. I cannot even begin to understand what these mothers and families have gone through. I don't want to have to. Biggest fear EVER.

I guess ready about these angels and their experiences helps me to slow down and enjoy every moment. Little Miss Riss was up for about 4 1/2 hours puking her guts out. Poor thing. I didn't once groan about getting out of bed, again, after only 12 minutes, because she was sick. Not even after the fourth hour. Not that I usually would, but usually Marcus is there to help.

One of the moms, I believe Jackson's, latest post listed all the Tender Mercies that she had experienced on the day of his accident. One that was the most important to her was that she was able to take him for a walk earlier that day. She had one of those "Wow" mom moments when you look at your kids and are overwhelmed with the love you feel for them and realize what a gift they are.

If you have time to kill, grab a box of tissues and visit these angels. Even if you are just having a rough day...just read one entry of Audrey's...you will realize all you have to be grateful for. At least I did.


Here is her link.

No comments: