Sunday, September 14, 2008

We have a child in the DOUBLE DIGITS!!!

You would think having your baby go to Kindergarten would make you feel old...then she loses her first tooth and the tooth fairy is born...then she gets braces...then baptized....then she freaking turns 10! That is DOUBLE DIGITS PEOPLE!!Ugh! Talk about feeling soo old. Insane how fast everything goes. Little stinker.


So McKenna is 10, her birthday was September 13. She really is an amazing girl. She is sweet and fun. She loves to play any kind of sport and is really good at it. (I don't know where she got that from...not me!) She is a complete daddy's girl, which Marcus loves. She is helpful. She is that girl that gets along with everyone, she rarely has conflicts. She is amazingly fearless. Loves anything freaky or scary. LOVES Sharkweek on Discovery Channel. Oh my goodness, our DVR fills up fast during that week. Much to my dismay, she never did like babies...sigh. She skipped Cabbage Patch Kids and went right to Polly and Bratz. Sigh. Although, she does LOVE her webkinz. She panics when she isn't able to feed them for a day or over a weekend. Heaven forbid they get "sick". She is completely tomboy. Anything pink or with pink on it is not ok with her. Flowers, lace?? Forget it. Even purple and yellow are iffy. But she is definitely a sweetheart, and has a wonderful place in our hearts and family. I can't imagine our lives without her.



So what does a 10 year old want these days? A freaking CELL PHONE!! Are you kidding me? I had told her forever that she wasn't getting one until 7th grade. But all her friends have one and of course, her daddy caved. She is a daddy's girl...did I mention that? It is still so ridiculous to me. I dont know what we are going to get her for Christmas...a flat screen for her room? Seriously...it is insane how fast they are growing.

Anyways, we were in SLC and met Papa Dave, Nana, Missy, Aunt Cheryl and Uncle George at Little America for breakfast before they all left for home. Kenna got some cash from them (I told her she has to take me to lunch this week, she made loot!!). I snuck away and grabbed our waitress to see if she would bring her present on a tray...she agreed and said she would go get a peice of cake with a candle as well. It was perfect. She walked in and we started to sing. She put the piece of chocolate cake in front of her, then set another plate in front of her with the phone on it. She freaked. "Thank you, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!" Of course her dad got a hug...me not so much...sigh, I guess she knew it was her daddy that came through for her. Lol.



Her first phone call from Aunt Jan.

While there, we went to Lagoon. We hadn't been since Braden was a baby, so like 6 years? I have always LOVED Lagoon. Marcus...not so much. But it worked out, Marcus hung out with Brady and Marissa and I went with Kenna, Teresa and Coltin. Fun fun.

Here we are getting on our first ride. The Dinosaur Drop. Brady was TERRIFIED! I made him go on it, promising that if he didn't like it he wouldn't have to go ever again. Guess what? I think we went on that ride 12 more times. He loved it!!!

Me and Kenna.

Me and Bubby, look how scared he is.

Me and Coltin John.

Me and Rissa Roo.


Me and Teresa Lou...It was one of those cheesy moments for me...Sorry.

Getting ready to go up.

Me talking to Brady as he had the death grip. He freaked during the first drop, then we had our hands up. Silly little bugger.


And then my camera died. Of course. I guess I should have charged it from the 800 pictures we took the night before at the wedding eh? Thank goodness for Camera Phones..

Brady and Marissa on the plane.


Did I mention how stinkin BRAVE Miss McKenna is? They did the sky coaster! Insane. I have bungeed once, but I dont think I could ever again. Coltin even made the Birthday Girl pull the thingy to make them fall. She is insane. I couldn't believe it.

Going up. Then I switched to video.
And they made it. She is insane. We went on the Collasus and when we got off, she said "That was weak". Little fart. We didnt make it onto the Wicked...Kenna was bummed. That line was forever long...and there really wasnt lines there...so next time.

Happy Birthday Kenny Annie...we love you soo much. You are an amazing girl. You have a lot of people that look up to you, and it is amazing the example you set for them. I love you.

6 comments:

Unstoppable Lindsey said...

So sorry I couldn't hang with y'all! Looks like super fun! I can't believe Kenna is SO OLD! How does that make you feel?? HAH. Looks like a blast.

Sure love ya.

Lindsey

The Sumkos said...

I love Lagoon!!! Still can't believe she is ten, that makes me feel really old. Thanks for the advice with the tonsils, so not excited. I will call ya!

Tara Bergsjo said...

My oldest is seven and asked me yesterday how old she had to be to get a cell phone. After I started breathing again I told her when she had a job and could pay for it. I have a feeling I am going to lose that one! At the age of 10 I was still playing barbies. What happened!!!

The Blackburn Family said...

I know can you believe we have 10 year olds. Fifth grade was hard enough for me. I hear ya on the cell phone thing. Kevin got one for Lilly last Christmas. Not me. WE took Lilly to Lagoon for her Birthday also. Woo hoo! Love all the fun picutres. The cellphone being served to her awesome idea. How fun for her to get her gift that way. Love it! Happy Birthday Kenna.

Tara said...

Holy moly old women! I can't believe you have a ten year old. I love daddy's girls. I have a couple of them!

Embellish the Moment said...

Where does the time go? Unbelievable. She is adorable. Funny how these girls can get just about anything out of their daddy's. Aaron thinks he's pretty tough...I'll let you know how that goes in another 7 years! Love this playing house and having kids thing!