Yesterday my mom was cleaning out the shed in her backyard... She called and said that I needed to come over; which I did. We found this HUGE barrel that was stuffed full of all me and my brothers "special toys" from when we were little. Talk about memory lane...
This is Huggie. My dad was working construction and the first time he was gone for a few days, he came home with this huge stuffed bear. I had to have been less than 2. Anyways...I LOVED this bear! So stinkin sweet cuz now Marissa is in love with him. She slept with him and everything last night. How stinkin cute is that??
We also found my "Happy's", my My Child, a bunch of my Cabbage Patch Kids, and another favorite of mine, a baby without an arm cuz I would carry her around by just that arm. Poor thing. Jeff had his My Buddy doll (My Buddy, My Buddy, My Buddy and ME!! Remember???) and Jed had Spencer Elvis Blau. That is his monkey/ape/gorilla he got when he had his appendix out. He loved Spencer. Spencer got the middle name of Elvis after mom washed him AND dried him... His nylonish fur didn't fare so well in the dryer and he came out looking quite Elvis-ish. Poor Monkey...
It was a lot of fun going thru that barrel. How insane. I never in a million years thought that my baby would ever be playing with my toys. Sniff.
5 comments:
The girls have a few of my old toys. It's so fun to see them live on (after being stuffed away forever). Lately she takes my Cabbage Patch Preemie and is such the little mommy. Makes me think of ME a million years ago!
Cresta and Gina have some of their toys at their houses too, it's fun to see those cabbage patch dolls again. My granddaughter Brooklyn is in love with the my little ponies, (anything with a horse) It was cute seeing the photos, too. Ahhh, you have to grow up when it's your kids playing with your toys!!!
that is the funnest story ever told, ohhhh the good old days
That is so cool!
It has been so long since I have check your blog out I'm a bad bloger buddy but I have been so busy with every thing mostly just kids but I'm back. you are so good at posting thing that is great I'am going to be better well I hope it get hard to do anything any more with the 2 wild boys at home and my big helpers are at school now well any ways love the blog and keep up your good work.
Post a Comment