Busy and exhausting. But so much fun.
First off we had this little guy hanging out in the master bath for about 5 days. Everyday, the kids would go in and find where he was. There was a big debate on letting him go outside, or what to do with the little guy…I mean, where do ladybugs go in the winter?? We finally decided to let him be…and eventually he found a nice warm spot for the winter…we have no idea where he went. Maybe we will see him again in the spring. ?
Then the decorating of the Candy Tree. We love this tradition. Although since my brothers didn’t come over, there was a lot left on the tree when it was time for it to come down. Marissa and Emily height was pretty picked over…but there was really a lot left. Was fun decorating in a new house, with a blank ‘canvas’…. Never really felt like Christmas this year… I don’t know why. It was just weird this year. Still a lot of fun, just different.
Brady got his Bobcat in cub scouts. He is loving it. He is so funny. His latest is, “Dad, guess what?” Marcus will say What… B will say, “I'm awesome” He is goofy. He also insists that Rihanna’s song, ‘Only Girl’ is actually Justin Bieber. Every stinking time it comes on the radio he comments on how Justin Bieber thinks he is a girl… Dork.
Our friends asked Miss McKenna to make their daughters birthday cake. She did an awesome job. She would love to be as cool as her Aunt Breezy or Cake Boss…how she is going, she will be. ;)
Finally remembered to have the kids break the wishbone. It was a big ordeal with a lot of thought put into their wishes, only to have the wishbone break exactly in half. Seriously…exactly. Does that make the wishes void, or they both get what they wished for? Only time will tell, I guess.
We have also experienced an official snow day, delayed school and early dismissals. I don’t get it, really. Not at all. We had the phone call one night about 9:30 saying that school was going to be cancelled…I woke up the next morning thinking we were going to be hammered with snow… There wasn’t even a skiff. They canceled school because it was too cold! It was 0 with the wind-chill so they canceled school. In Wyo, unless it was 0 those kids were playing OUTSIDE during recess…
Two days later, it actually snowed…as you can see. But they released school 2 hours early because of it. Since you can still see the grass thru the snow, I don’t get it. Whatever though, the kids had a blast flying down our hill and into our neighbors, Jo and Charlie’s, yard.
In getting ready to DRIVE to Wyo for Christmas, we opened our gifts to each other so we would have less to pack… Marissa got the Babysitting Mama game for the Wii. It is weird. She was so excited tho! B got a hunting game for the Wii and they all got new DS games to help pass the time in the truck. Marcus got a remote Monster truck and totally surprised him with an iPad. I love it. :) It is going to help me pass the time in the truck. We also got a TV for our bedroom…
The kids were seriously rock stars for the trip. I just knew that it was going to be forever, esp. being almost 7 months pregnant…we know how pregnant ladies like to pee. We left on Dec 22 at about 4 am. Kids slept till at least 9…then watched movies and played their DS’s. We stopped in Indy for an early lunch, then only one other time before we stopped for the night in Omaha. Rock stars…all of them. Kids swam at the Embassy and we had some yummy room service….up for breakfast and left around 6. Made it to Wyo around 4:30 with 3 stops this time. Had scheduled in a whole extra day…but got there a day early. Roads were completely dry and weather was beautiful the entire way as well.
We always open our gifts to each other on Christmas Eve at mom and dads. This year we had an awesome Prime Rib Breeze made. It was seriously delish. Way. My mouth is watering. Everyone but Jed, Chelsea and Damien were there. Missed seeing them this trip.
As you may know, we do themed pajamas every year. It has turned into something big that has happened within the family. This year was no surprise with a West Virginia theme. Its fun. It is also something you have to think about early in the year to watch for…like when Jed and Jeff both got married, we knew we were going to do hearts…so had to buy at Valentines time…
Kids got spoiled rotten. Of course.
Such an attractive pic, eh? This are the awesome kissing fish salt and pepper shakers Coltin and Holly got me. Too cute. Kenna also got a neat nail art kit. Can’t wait for my pedicure…
My dorky sister was beyond excited to get this Owl beanie from Coltin and Holly. Speaking of beanies, did you know they call beanies Toboggans in WV? And if you asked for beanies, you would probably be directed to a shady street corner for a handful of pills? Weird.
Jeff’s shirt he got from mom and dad. You may have to click on it to appreciate it…and you’ll see why in a few more pictures…
Jeff and Breeze gave Marcus and I baby stuff. Thank goodness. Now the baby officially has a bouncy chair and play pad thing…little else. We thought we were DONE! We got rid of EVERYTHING….Sigh.
Super excited about finding the right gift for Breeze. It’s a steamer. Whoopee, right? Unless you watch Cake Boss and know how handy they are for fondant. ;)
B got a couple nerf guns. I am certain mom is still finding bullets all over the place. There was a war between him and Coltin….
Followed by a wrestling match…
Of course we had to do reindeer food…. Had to make sure those reindeer knew where to find us.
Thought the kids would be up by 5…since we were coming from east coast time. But Wyo time is a little too easy to get used to. I only wish that WV time was the same way… We were up at 7….and excited to see what Santa brought.
Teresa got a gun ?!? B a joke book, clothes, pogo stick and Monster Truck, that is almost exactly like dads. ;) Kenna got clothes and her iPod touch she had been dying for. Miss Riss got a Monkey baby, bouncing baby, Squinkies and clothes. All were pretty happy with what Santa brought this year….
Kenna, Teresa and Brady went out with Julz, Mallory and Matthew to a big old hill with some friends. it was 6 degrees. They are crazy. But they made it and had a lot of fun. They even had a couple snow mobiles that would give the kids rides back to the top.
Brady was also baptized on the 26th. It was a night he wont forget anytime soon. We got to the church at 5:30 for the baptism at 6 and the font wasn’t full!! Oops. Bishop Rose, basically spaced it. Not too big of deal, but that water was COLD!!
Kenna, Teresa and Marissa gave little talks…and did awesome. With all the waiting for the font to fill, you would think that I would have gotten pictures…Wrong. Once it was filled, everything went so quickly it just didn’t happen. So look for fake pictures coming soon. Sad.
Marcus did an awesome job with the baptism and confirmation. I am so glad that he is able to do that for our family. Brady was pretty excited too. Asked when he would hear the Holy Ghost, and how long his baptism was going to last. He is too cute. I love how excited he was. So proud of him and his choice to be baptized!
Breezy made some Minion cupcakes for the refreshment… They were adorable and the only picture I took that night…
Did a quick trip to Salt Lake and met Marcus’ sister Missy to exchange gifts. Love her. Miss her. She really needs to come see me. Then headed to In and Out where we actually got a table!! And finally off to spend the night at Grandma and Grandpa in the Blue House. Was a very nice, very quick trip. I even got to witness that making of Christmas Cake. I don’t think I had before….even better, it is on video!! We love them and love visiting with them.
Miss Riss with Jeff and Breezy’s puppy, Tiny. Tiny is a Gladiator, which is a Great Dane/Bull Mastiff mix. He is stinking cute and a cuddle bug and flipping HUGE!! He is only 6 months one and is bigger than Marissa… I love him. And since he licked Marissa, that means that he likes her too.
Did some ice skating at the rec center…. Well, the kids and Julie did, I watched. Big ol pregnant me would not have been a pretty picture on the ice.
Coltin, Jeff and Marcus had ventured to Beaver Mountain for a day of snowboarding. Marcus’ 2nd time ever. Says he still sucks, but had fun anyways. I just would rather be warm when doing sporty things…Don’t like being cold so much…
Did dinner with the girls from the bank. Of course Marissa had to come. Was a lot of fun. I miss them. I miss adult conversation every day…. They are awesome.
Another trip sledding, this time just at the ‘soccer park’. Marissa really wanted to go..it was once again in the single digits, so didn’t think she would last long, but she did. They were out for over an hour. Little die-hards.
New Years Eve=SHRIMP. Yum. With Mallory and McKenna, I didn’t even have to do any of the work!! They had that system down and whipped those things out. Yum. 12 pounds of shrimp should do it, right? Tiny watched the action.
Then some awesome Sing Star moves on the PS3. Marissa was a dancin girl. They loved it. Yes, I may have danced to Baby Got Back…I am surprised I didn’t go into labor right there on the spot.
We all made it to midnight, which was great for the kids, so they would sleep in the car the next morning, but maybe not so great for Marcus…
Left at 5…kids and I slept till at least 9, Kenna longer. Another stop for an early lunch and once again, only one other stop before stopping in Des Moines. More swimming and room service and were off again at 5 the next day. More sleeping, I think we were all wiped from the busy week…. A stop around Indy for lunch and once again, only one other stop before getting home around 6:30. Girls were super excited to see Silvie, who had been staying with our neighbors… Seriously are awesome travelers. And weather was great after getting out of Wyo. Wyo sucked…lots of blowing snow. I don’t miss that. At all.
Was super fun seeing everyone and plan on going back in August for Coltin and Holly wedding. But flying. For sure flying. Until then, you all need to come here and see us!! Really, come.
Last night Kenna had her Choir Holiday Concert. It had been cancelled in December because of the early release day. They did awesome. She is such the little sass….was head bobbing and not nervous at all like some of the other girls seemed to be. She did great.
Since being home, we have done little. Took down Christmas and let kids skip school on Monday. I think we all needed the day of doing nothing. I have been having major Car Lag. Seriously. Lots of 2-3 HOUR naps for me. Went to the doctor on Wednesday and did the super fun glucose test. Blood draw lady totally bruised my whole arm. Awesome. Also start going to the doctor every two weeks now…what? Already? Crazy. Coming so fast! Little Miss Riss is home sick today. Don’t really know what is going on with her, headache and low fever. Poor thing.
Hope you all had great Holidays! Really, come see us.
3 comments:
That post rocked! Glad you guys had such a great Christmas Vacation!
Wow, That was a long but eventful post! You guys seemed to have a wonderful trip. You have a very talented daughter! I can't get over how she can do everything! So cool. So proud of Brady getting baptized. Glad you had a great time with your family and made it home safe!
Your Family is so cute! My parents just got internet and my Mom has had a blast looking at all the blogs. She was excited to see all your family and see what they were up too. Hope everything is going good for you guys!
Post a Comment