Thursday, March 25, 2010

Unchanged.

So… life is still crazy. Still unpredictable. Still stressful. Still eventful, yet nothing has changed… We are still in WY. Marcus is still in WV. I hate that. Sigh. House is still for sale. I think that is what is most frustrating..that nothing seems to be changing. We are making one of the biggest CHANGES in our lives, and yet nothing has changed.

Anyways… Marcus did come home for a week. While he was here, we surprised the kids with a trip to Salt Lake and went to Disney on Ice. It was awesome. I loved it. I LOVE The Lion King and Little Mermaid..probably my 2 favorite Disney movies.. so it was great. Marissa didn’t even recognize Lion King. Sad. I know we have it, I will have to dig it out for her to watch and enjoy. :)

Miss McKenna with some of the “loot” from the show. She is such a goof. Love her and her crazy little personality.

DSC_0052 DSC_0040DSC_0038DSC_0030 DSC_0032 DSC_0048

After Disney, we hit Olive Garden for dinner and headed up to Grandma and Grandpa in the Blue House. Love them. Brady killed both Marcus and I at some checkers. Little fart. Grandma and Grandpa made some yummy Thanksgiving dinner for us and finished it off with Strawberry Shortcake…mmmm.

This also happened to be our 12th Anniversary. Totally crazy. I love him. He flew home a week earlier than he was planning on to be there for our anniversary. So sweet.

DSC_0079 DSC_0054 DSC_0056 DSC_0063 DSC_0064 

Marissa was playing hide and seek with Cailey and Brady and fell asleep. Made me laugh. She was OUT too, there was no waking her.DSC_0093

Brady is a goob and usually sleeps on the floor. Not because he ‘has to’ but he wants to. A lot of nights we tuck him in bed and when we check on the kids on our way to bed, he will have a pillow and blanket on the floor. This night, he made the comment that ‘he forgot what a bed feels like’ so he chose to sleep with Marissa.

DSC_0086

With the lovely spring storm we had the other day, they kids went out to play. Marissa found this chunk of snow that looked like a heart. She was pretty excited.

DSC_0097

And just last night, I hear Brady come down the stairs, after I had tucked them in. I turn around to tell him to get back to bed and he tells me he is not going to bed until he gets his tooth out. I tell him to get busy cuz I cant do it. Ew. Just the thought….that little suction sound and pop. Ew. So he wiggled and twisted and it popped out of his mouth and across the room. After finding it we got it ready for the Tooth fairy. DSC_0105

If you remember, Brady is a little nervous about the tooth fairy. We had to write her a letter when Kenna was losing teeth to have her come while they were at school because he wouldn’t sleep. He was seriously scared to death. He is doing better now, he has been sleeping with me and when I handed him the baggie he asked me when I was coming to bed. You could just tell that he was a little nervous. I told him soon and that the Tooth fairy wouldn’t come until I was in bed because she cant come when I am awake. Brady still anxious. I offer to bring the tooth when I come to bed and he jumped at the offer. He is such a soft little tough guy. But look how proud he is of himself. :)

Update on the rest…

Jed is doing well. I talked to him on Saturday. He should start the journey to the states mid-May. We are looking forward to seeing him.

Nevaeh is responding fairly well to chemo. The tumor has shrunk enough that her eye isn't quite as bad. She goes in for her second round of chemo tomorrow, I believe.

We are moving one way or the other when school gets out. I cannot wait. I miss my husband.

7 comments:

Tara Bergsjo said...

I can only imagine how much you miss him! Your kids are all so cute. I hope things continue to go great for you guys!!

brenda said...

I so wish you didn't have to be away from Marcus. It must be hard, because when we go just a few days with out Mike our family goes crazy! HOpefully something happens with your house! Good luck with things!

Darrell and Alissa said...

OOO, I hope changes start coming VERY quickly for you guys!!

Tara said...

Sheesh I don't know how your surviving so well without the hubby. I bet your missing him like crazy. I hope your house sells and you can feel like things are happening. Love the Disney on Ice pictures. That is a fun surprise.

Karen said...

Wow! You really are making some major changes! I hope your house sells and you like it where you are going! Good luck! I need to pretend I'm moving and get rid of a bunch of stuff!

Karen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heidi said...

Good luck with everything!! I hope things start to finally change for you. Not know can be so frustrating.