Big Deep Breathe…
I have been beyond overwhelmed. I have been a working, single mom during baseball, soccer and TaVaci season. I have been keeping the house “show ready” every single day since February 1. I have been pulling both the mom and dad duty while Marcus is in Morgantown for his 3 week on, one week home schedule. I know people do it all the time, but I hate every minute of it. Nights after the kids are in bed, used to be one of my favorite times of the day…house is quiet, can catch up on Dancing with the Stars and Deadliest Catch snuggling on the couch…. Now the house is entirely too quiet after bedtime…. I miss my husband.
I have also been praying every single day that our home would sell so we could once again be together as a family. The kids ask for the same thing each night in their prayers. I love their sweet innocence and sincerity… Their simple faith. They believe that you get what you ask for. I seem to have a more guarded faith. I know that my idea of what would be best for our family may not be in His plan for us.
When we were first offered the job in West Virginia, 1718 miles away, I was so excited….and scared to death. Are we really going across the country? Marcus had worked for this promotion for years, he deserves it. Marcus flew back to attend some meetings and I told work that we would be moving, just didn’t know when yet.
Then I panicked. Got sick to my stomach. Cried. I emailed my friend with a ‘Dear Alissa’ letter and freaked. She had moved from everyone she knew in Las Vegas to Arkansas. Why was a I so scared? Was it just because of the enormity of our decision? Was it just because it is 1718 miles away? Or was it because it was the wrong decision?
There were times that I would be calm and even excited about our new adventure….Kids are definitely young enough that the move will not affect them…(not like it does when you are a Junior in High School ;)…but then the over thinking part would sneak in. Like IF we are “supposed” to be there, then everything will go smoothly…our home will sell, we will have the “AHHH” moment at the home we are supposed to buy there… it will all be smooth sailing. But then I would think, IF we really are supposed to be there, why wouldn’t Satan put every road block imaginable in our paths to frustrate and discourage us from going? So how do you know? What is the right decision?
Dear Alissa told me that I probably already had my answer. And just because things may or may not go bumpy or smoothly, doesn’t mean it is right or wrong. Thank you Alissa, you have no idea the therapy you saved me. :)
So I knew that the move was the right thing for our family. Check.
Now getting there. Decided to build in Morgantown, mostly because we knew we still had to sell our home in Rock Springs. Our realtor, Lisa, rocked. She took us out to several homes one afternoon and drove thru the area where the new homes are going up. At the end of our appointments she asked what we liked. We liked the one on Bailey Circle and wanted to know more about the ones in the Morningside View development. She whipped out her phone and called the builder to meet us down at one he was almost finished with. We walked thru and looked at plans and just got excited…not sick ;) The next day signed the contract.
We also decided that financially we couldn’t go to Morgantown until at least school gets out. We couldn’t afford 2 places… Even if the house sold in March, and closed the end of April…school would be 6 weeks from being out and that just didn’t seem fair to pull the kids out when they are so close… Of course, that didn’t happen, but at least we had a plan. Kinda.
After having the house on the market for 4 months (which I know is a blessing in this economy) we sold it on Saturday. Insert {BIG SIGH OF RELIEF} We close on June 14. Which couldn’t be more perfect.
Marcus will be home June 2nd-ish and we leave the 3rd after the last day of school to head to Spring Creek for my SIL graduation from High School… Come home from there on the 6th and have a week to pack and load…close the following Monday.
I guess I needed to learn to have simple faith…not guarded….like Brady has. He prayed Friday night, “And please bless tomorrow that when I am open they will pass the ball to me so I can make a score”… And you know what? They did.
Answers…
7 comments:
That is so awesome. I am proud of you. You have had a lot on your plate. And sometimes it is easy to let the stress over take your spiritual feelings. So you did awesome listening to all the answers around you. I am so happy your house sold and now things are falling in to place. I can't wait to hear more with everything that will happen during your move. Tell Brady congrats on his score!! And remember we LOVE you!!
Seriously I am so happy for you guys, I know what it is like to start another house and hope that yours sales before the other is done! The Lord really knows our needs and we just have to have some patients, right? Hopefully things get easier for you and June comes so fast!
Everything always works out when you know what you're doing is right. I'm so happy for you. Congratulations:)
Lish~
Thank you so much for your comments...... Jeff and I are just starting on this EXACT same adventure ;) He has been offered a job in Boise...a promotion that he very much deserves and has worked for....and we are just starting to get the house ready to put up for sell. He will be living and working there starting in a few weeks...but at least he can come home on weekends until we seel the house and school gets out!!!! I have had the exact thoughts that you shared and now i feel sooooooo much better. I am so excited and proud of you both....what amazing accomplishments you have both made!!!!!
love, natasha
Lish- I loved your post. I totally agree with you about simple faith. I think that is why the Lord blesses us with our children, to teach us, and to remind us of the things we know, but sometimes forget:) I am soo happy things are falling into place for you guys, and everything will work out the way it is supposed to:)Good Luck with everything! Love, Tiffany
You guys have been on my mind for a while now.... I know the feelings all to well you were talking about!
It's so hard to get through the trials and so hard to really put ALL our faith in His hands- but in the end we're are that much better and our faith is that much stronger for being tested.
But with that said, I hope you NEVER have to go throught this again though- it stinks, and no one wants to be tested like that!! I hope I don't ever either, for that matter!!
CONGRATS!!! Now start finding out members there and start finding doctors.... that was not a fun process for me either!:)
Awesome Lish, I knew it would work out for you, I just can't believe the timing! So excited for you!
Post a Comment