Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween Weekend

Halloween. Halloween. Halloween. What a crazy, fun weekend.
It started on Thursday when our friends Randy and Jodie came up from New Mexico to spend the weekend with us. As soon as they got here, we rushed to the kids school for their Halloween parties. We had to help Kenna get her makeup on.

Originally McKenna was going to be a shadow... I didn't quite know how to do that, just thought I would get my dads on "Susie" cloak. (Remember the white house in Mantua?? Girls Camp??) and do some dark make-up and stuff. BUT, then I found this gothic/vampire with piercings kit that was pretty cool and got that. I am still not sure what she was, but she looked cool.

Jodie did her make-up in about 4 minutes before her class party. Loved it!

In Brady's classroom, they were already playing games. We got there in time to watch musical chairs. It began with the entire class and Brady won!! He was thrilled!

Here is Mr. D giving him a high-five. Whoo Brady!!

This is the most hilarious thing ever. Once he won, he was bombarded (yes that is a word) with about 6 girls giving him hugs and cheering. HILARIOUS. One of the moms came up to me and said,"He is really a rockstar, check out all his groupies!!"
Brady getting some groupie lovin from SuperGirl.
A few more of his fans...

Then it was Friday, HALLOWEEN. Kids didn't have school and we started getting them ready pretty early. We had to with 6+ kids to get ready. Here is our station. My dad came over to help out.

Check out her hair. It was disgusting. Seriously. She looked really good though, spooky. That is just what she wanted.
Then we have the rockstar, complete with piercing. Love.

Coltin, Coltin, Coltin. He is a complete nerd. He has made a bet with his friend, Mike, and Jed that if he has a handlebar mustache (think Monopoly) then he gets $40 PLUS, Mike, (who shaves everyday, including his head) can't shave for 3 months.
I saw this 'stache at the Halloween shop and thought that since they didn't technically say he had to grow one, just had to have one, he could be the winner. I don't think Jed and Mike are going to go for that though. Sigh.

Here Coltin is trying to get a kiss from Rissa. She was having nothing to do with it, or him. I think the extra facial hair was freaking her out. Coltin chased her for like 5 minutes trying to get kisses.
And then Randy comes into the picutre and asks for a kiss and gets one instantly. Ha ha. Coltin stomped away pouting.
Once Coltin did get it off, he also got a kiss.

The whole group. It was insane trick or treating with this many people. Complete chaos. We had fun though.

We have Dillon Wilk, a werewolf with a sign that said "Looking for Red Riding Hood"; Kenna the gothic/vampire/zombie/shadowy-wizard; Daylin Cox, a DJ; Dillon Hale, The Joker (His mom even found this really cool stuff that made his cheek pucker, just like for reals. Gross); Mallory Seymour, the Gothic Vampire; Sklyer Hooser, the Bat; Lane Hooser, the dead freaky Court Jester; Jordin Hooser, a football player that sucked so bad a fan threw a bottle at her and it killed her; Ian Cox, a vampire; Matthew Seymour, a Zombie; Brady, a Rockin RockStar; and little Miss Riss, a Pink Puppy. Whew.

He is my completely exhausted Brady. He was OUT. Isn't that the funniest thing ever. Poor kid is going to hate me when he is older.

Then on Saturday, we went bowling. We had to do something fun with the kids because we werent able to carve pumkins this year. We called every place in town, PLUS in Green River trying to find some and there were NONE anywhere. Suck.
Bowling was fun though. Lane seriously was TRYING and bowled a 11 his first game. I am not kidding. He is like 6' 2" and 125 pounds. Talk about watching a bean pole bowl...didn't work out so well.
Miss Riss, she wanted NO help, whatsoever.
And Brady...always have to have some crazy look on his face or funky hand signs going on. He is insane. Cute, but insane.
Ok..whew. Hope you all had a great Halloween and are enjoying picking the good stuff out of your kids candy. Mmm. My favorite part.
You MUST go to my cousin Tara's blog and check out her little boy Ryan's Halloween Costume. I died laughing. It is insane. And soo creative. Loved it. Love love love.
Happy Halloween and only 50 days til Christmas!! AHHH!










10 comments:

The Sumkos said...

What a fun Halloween, your kids looked awesome! I know what it's like to not get my messages, Nate is famous for it. Call me when you get a sec, Nate is gone for two weeks so I'm bored! :)

Walking With Tippytoes! said...

Wow looks like fun. I love all the costumes.

brenda said...

Who could forget Susie Sour Blood!! Looks like you guys had a blast. Cute costumes.

Tara Bergsjo said...

Looks like you had a fun, yet busy Halloween! Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. Grandpa really did love Ryan's costume. He couldn't believe that I really shaved his head. And he said I didn't need to go over board on the stuffing in his belly! It was so funny. I don't think grandpa stopped grinning the whole time we were there!

Tara said...

LOVE the "boy moment" picture. He will for sure love you for it one day!!! The costumes are great.

Wild Rasmussen said...

I love the pictures very fun halloween you guys had love the the hand in the pants sadly they never grow up

BRITT said...

Looks like fun, Brady makes such a cute rockstar! I love that all the little girls surrounded him when he won. Girls are so funny!

The Blackburn Family said...

So much fun!!! I love it! You are so creative. I dread trying to come up with costumes every year. Love Love Love! I too love Bradys boy moment! I miss talking to you!!! Call soon

Our Busy Five. . . said...

They look adorable. Sounds like you had a busy, but fun Halloween. :)

Unstoppable Lindsey said...

Dude, you should totally change your website to whymykidsrule.com. Seriously...they are stinkin amazing!