We went to SLC Friday morning so we could have some time shopping and stuff before we flew out Sunday morning. Way fun. Downtown Salt Lake is one of my favorite places. We met up with the last 7 of us Saturday...there were 17 total. Insane, but so much fun.
Here we are at the airport at 4:30 Sunday morning. Who do we see? Paris and Benji. They thought they were going to get a break from the paparazzi in SLC, but no such luck...not with Julz around.
It was all 8 kids and Missy's first time on a plane. That was really cool seeing how excited they were. Taking off and landing was hilarious...Marissa was giggling so hard, she said it made her tummy feel silly.
Then of course they crashed, which was nice.
Monday we met with Elvis, yes Elvis and planned our week of tours... after about 3 hours we headed off to Wet n Wild Cancun to play at the waterpark and swim with the dolphins... Freaking awesome.
Kenna getting dolphin kisses. That was way cool.
Me getting kisses.
And Marcus' turn.
And little Miss Marissa. She was so funny.. She loved them.
Jed and Chelsea. We were fighting with the picture people to get our pics with the dolphins. They wanted $26.50 for a printed picture or 4 pics on a CD for $66.00. Insane. We finally bought the DVD for $55.00 and paused it and took pictures from Jed's computer. Pretty inventive-and a little cheesy. What do you do?
Waiting for the public bus to haul us back to our hotel. That bus was so scary. Talk about taking your life into your hands...it thought it was a little conpact car...it isn't!!
Tuesday was Marcus' birthday, so we went Jet Skiing in the ocean which is something he has always wanted to do. I think this was the only time we didn't cave and buy the freaking pictures, but I did take this one at the pool that we could swim in to get out of the heat and humidity... It was really humid, as you can tell with my fogged up camera lens.
We had 8 jet skis. I had Marissa and Marcus had Matthew and Brady. Jed wanted McKenna cuz she is crazy. She loves that kind of thing. We went out to a reef in the ocean where we were able to snorkel. Awesome. The boys found a sea urchin and a starfish. Way cool. Took some pics with a waterproof camera...will have to develop and post those.
That night we went to CocoBongo. It was a blast. They have impersonators; Madonna, Beyonce, Britney and Micheal Jackson!! Whew. It was a lot of fun. This is a picture of our picture..nice.


Wednesday we hung around the beach and went shopping at La Fiesta flea market. It was fun to haggle and barter with the people. Jed had two booths bartering against each other for this Mayan Calendar he wanted. I think he went from $50 to $25....not too shabby.
Brady showing off a shell he found.

Marissa and her little dress we got her for $10 at the flea market. She slept in that thing that night. Too cute.
That night we did the Captain Hook boat/dinner/show thingy. Awesome. We were on Captain Jack Sparrow's boat The Black Pearl. It was really fun. We had lobster and steak. The kids loved it.
Posing by the skeletons. Marissa was completely freaked out at first.
Check out Johnny Depp...not to shabby for an impersonator. Love Brady in this picture. He was just ready to go!!

Jed and Chelsea aboard the Black Pearl.

Jed and Chelsea aboard the Black Pearl.
Brady and Marissa. I love this one.
Captain Jack, Marissa and Jed. Look how completely freaked out she is. She wasn't sure about him at all. It was kinda funny in a sad way.
The Hooser Family...Randy, Jordin, Jodie, Skyler and Lane. We had a blast!!
Me and Marcus. Lovely picture eh? It was so humid, you would sweat off any attempts at make-up...oh well.
Coltin doing "The White Boy"...think "Party Boy" from Jackass...too funny. Here we were cheering on our captain against the other two boats/Captains...
Me and Miss Sunburned Boobs...I mean Missy.

Thursday we went to Xel Ha. Awesome. There was this cliff that was 15' high and went into 10' of water. Awesome. This is a bunch of us after we jumped in.
Coltin jumping...
Marcus
Jed and Kenna. Kenna only went after Coltin and Brady went...yes BRADY!! He thought he was pretty cool...which he was.

Julz.
After the awesome cliff we headed to the rope swing. There is a really awesome rope swing at the Gorge, so we were excited to see this one....
This is it! Could swing above the water for about 6', but not get high. Bummer. The kids had a lot of fun though.
Kenna
Of course Coltin had to try it out.
Another one of those photos we had to buy. Love them though.
Brady
Kenna.
And Marissa who was totally freaked out about the whole bird situation. It was eating that fruit and that freaked her out.


That night we had made reservations at one of the places at our resort. It was Asian. The sushi was delicious...the meal...not so much. We had to go to the beach bar/snack shack to get the kids tacos. What do you do?
Missy, Chelsea, Jed and Coltin.
Jed and Coltin.
Friday and our last full day in Cancun (sigh) we rented a van and driver to take us to Chichen Itza, some Mayan Ruins that were really pretty cool.
This was on our way. I love the broken glass on the wall in lieu of barbed wire...different and I am sure effective.
Kenna and the Wati...

After the ruins we went to an extremely ghetto buffet where we had to pay $12.50 a person and then have to buy our drinks on top of that. What? To top it off, it was discusting. You would think that in Mexico you would be able to have bomb Mexican food? Not once. I was so sad.
Jed and Marissa in the stairway down to the well.
Our driver bought this little Wati from a little boy on the side of the road. It is like a rat/anteater/raccon mix. The kids loved it...until it pooped on us. Whatever. That little boy was so excited about his $10...it was heartbreaking to see how so many people live.
The biggest/main temple at Chichen Itza. Crazy. It was really cool. I guess if you are there at 6 am, they allow you to climb those freaking steep stairs to the top. Maybe next time.

Me and Marcus and the Temple.
Me and Marcus and the Temple.
After the ruins we went to an extremely ghetto buffet where we had to pay $12.50 a person and then have to buy our drinks on top of that. What? To top it off, it was discusting. You would think that in Mexico you would be able to have bomb Mexican food? Not once. I was so sad.
We went to this waterfall/well... It was beautiful. The water is over 700' deep. The boys had a blast jumping off the cliffs. And Matthew of course.
I believe this is Coltin.
Jed and Marissa in the stairway down to the well.
We again made reservations for that night. This was a Mexican Grill. It was the closest we got to Mexican food, but I get better here at Los Cobos...Sucks.
This just cracked me up. Our waitress brought over some Tequila. Randy's face just cracks me up.
At the beach after dinner, Missy, Me, Chelsea and Julz.
Coltin deep in thought while building a sand castle.
Coltin getting tackled by Matthew, Brady and Marissa.
Seriously it was awesome. We learned a lot and will do some things different next time and if I NEVER see a buffet again, I will be happy. I thought it was going to be way insane with so many people, and it was, but not too bad. I think it made it that much more fun. We are already thinking next year...maybe a cruise this time...can't wait.












11 comments:
Welcome back!! I can't wait to hear all about it. Call me when your life slows down, I miss you!
I'm jelious. Justin and I have never been on a real vacation.
I having been waiting to hear about this wonderful vacation! I guess I will have to keep waiting!!
Oh I am so jealous! Did you go through a travel agency! I wanna do something like that so bad butta...I have no clue as to how to go about starting it! I'm glad you had fun and can't wait to see more pics!
What a blast! I hear ya on the Mexican food though... We went to Mazatlan for our honeymoon and I think the best meal we had was pizza from a little brick and a glass bottle of Coke.
I love the pics... What a racket that you have to pay for them. Love the girls hair! Looks like lots of fun stuff to do. Lucky you!
It looks like you guys had a blast! I really love the girls hair. I would love to do that t my girls hair!
Looks like so much fun! My dream is to swim with dolphins. I am so jealous. Maybe someday! I love all the cute fun pictures. It looks like you had an amazing time.
How fun. Your kids are so lucky that they got to experience that. Love the hair and I love the little dress. I want to go with you next time!
That looks like so much fun! You are so cute and so are your kids, freak! Glad you are back but so happy you guys had a great time!
Holy Crap you had a lot of fun. I really wish you would have invited me. I guess you can just invite me on your cruise next year! I love all the pictures and I am very jealous!
WAY TOO MUCH FUN! I haven't ever ridden with dolphins. I must say, pretty sneaky tactic! I love it. It is a good thing you bought the super expensive CD though...otherwise, I'm sure they would have hunted you down. That resort looks awesome. I want to jump off high stuff.
I'm sure coming home was not your idea of fun!!
What a blast!
Post a Comment