Monday, June 30, 2008

Whew! What a weekend!!

It was Flaming Gorge Days here in Wyoming...and we have lived here for 6 years and have never gone...I know. So we decided to go. Friday night was a concert with Chris Young and Rodney Adkins. So much fun. We went with Julie and our almost brother-in-law Chris. Crazy.

This is Chris Young Jammin... Didnt want to haul my camera around so this was with Marcus' phone. It works.


Saturday, we went to breakfast at Sante Fe (YUM) and then took the kids over to Green River to see what Flaming Gorge days were all about. There was a lot of booths and some blow-up slides and obstacle courses for the kids. And a REALLY cool spray park we are going to have to go back to.

We also decided to go to the rock concert Saturday night. Who was playing you ask...BRET MICHAELS! I know, whatever eh? Some local band opened, the Dakkan (I have no idea who they are) and then Mr Bret Michaels himself. We took a lot more people. Sam, Chris and some guys from work and of course Julz ;o) It was crazy the different crowds between the two concerts. I could have laughed at drunk people all night. Oh, I did. There was a couple making out on the ground (probably drunk too) and this lady tripped over them. Hilarious. Anyways, Bret Michaels is filming yet another Rock of Love show...This one is something like The Big Rockin Tour Bus of Love, and we will be on the first episode. Well not personally, but our concert. Ladies were throwing bras on stage. Insane. And all his Rock of Love girls were dancing on stage. It was great. I am glad we decided to go.

Since we didn't get home until 1 am, you would think we would stay home Sunday. Nope. We went to Flaming Gorge. It was BEAUTIFUL! I am so glad we went, we really did talk about staying in bed all day. The water was warm enough to swim in. One of Julies friends were out there and we borrowed his Water Weenie or Banana Tube, whatever you call it...the kids had a blast. Of course, my camera was dead by then. So sad.

Julz getting ready to wakeboard.


Marissa. She did get in the water, but it was a little cold for her taste.


Marcus helping Marissa into the water for about .5 seconds. Then she was done.


Marcus wakeboarding. Whew.


Needless to say, I am pooped. Want to crawl back into bed for at least 4 days. I wish. Now we get to get ready for camping over the 4th. Going to be a blast!!

6 comments:

Walking With Tippytoes! said...

Looks like alot of fun. If you guys ever come to Bearlake again you should let us know we live right by it. It would be fun to get together.

Unstoppable Lindsey said...

Sweet! I love anything DAYS! I can't help but hit as many town days as possible. I don't think Arizona had any because it was so blasted hot! You are lucky! Camping eh? I hope you have a blast. Hey, my fam is coming into town around the 6th of July. We are going to go to the Logan demolition derby on the 11th. Just thought I would let you know...don't know what your plans are...I'm thinking it would be fun to see your face. BUT it looks like you are all vacationed out!

Embellish the Moment said...

I'm glad you're having enough fun for both of us! Lucky.

Tara Bergsjo said...

Sounds like fun! You guys are sure keeping busy this summer!

The Blackburn Family said...

Love the water pictures. Wish I could talk Brandon into getting a boat. I miss all my boating years. He rather just have a fishing boat. Maybe we will have to meet up when we go to the Gorge to Brandons Dads property.

BRITT said...

5 days until Cancun! please take me with you. It sounds like you guys are having a fun summer!