Have I told you how much I love summer?? I do. I really really do. I love the heat. I love the a/c, I love the lake, I love the pool, I love the smell of chlorine, I love flip flops, I love grilling and cheap fruit. I love hanging out with the kids. I really love summer.
Pictures are out of order since I had to get them from 3 different places. We have been busy!!! Here is some of what we have been up to.
July 4th. We had spent the day at the lake. It was wonderful. Hot, hot, hot. Perfect. Brady decided that he was going to get gutsy and do some jumps on the board. He rocked it. He is going to be a pro before we know it!!
We were pretty tired from the lake and decided to hang out at the house and let off our own fireworks. It was a lot of fun. Kenna is quite the little pyro. She is too funny. Sean thought they were pretty cool as well. He is getting better at walking and has been walking for about 3 weeks now. Sniff. So big!! I love him. It is still weird to see him upright and walking rather than crawling…
We went to Charleston WV to a Truck Driving competition that Marcus was judging. He had some of his drivers that were participating. While he was there, the kids and I went to the mall, had some lunch and did some swimming. It was a good day.
The mall was doing some type of kids day, and B and Marissa got their faces painted and they all got some balloon animals made. They were really neat! I loved Sean’s fish on the fishing pole.
We did the swimming thing. Sean is such a little water baby. He loves it!! It’s a good thing.
Marcus and I got to go out that night to the Awards Banquet. It was fun. I love him.
Sean loves to hang out on the deck. He is so funny. Seriously doesn’t leave Marcus’ side from the time he gets home…freaks out if he tries to leave, even the room without him.
And he is up and running. Look at him go! It is crazy! He is so excited about it too!
He is also a super eater. Here he is grubbing on some zucchini and spinach. I have to say, it was delicious. Marcus loves to cook and I love him to cook. It’s a good arrangement.
Whoo… What's this?? My new car! Yay! We knew we had to go bigger. I loved our Journey. Loved it. But when we were coming home from Charleston and Kenna was stretched out sideways across Marissa, it was time to bite the bullet. Sigh. It is a Chevy Traverse. It smells so so good. Why does that smell not last? It has so much more room. I love it!! I also have a thing for the fellas in the picture…
We have been hitting the pool lots. It has been hot. Sean does so good. He is just so go with the flow. He doesn’t nap really well while there, too hot. But handles it like a trooper. How stinking sweet is he?
Sean gets to pick out his yogurt every night. Makes a big fuss about it. Goes to the drawer and looks through them. Then he and Marcus sit on the floor from their nightly snack.
He also really loves this dog. He doesn’t talk much, besides, “What’s This” but signs a bit. “Dog” is his favorite to sign. Silvie is so good with him and lets him go hang on her. So sweet.
We went up to Waynesburg, PA last week. There is an awesome pool there. Slides and a lazy river. Its really nice. Kids had a blast. Man, it’s a rough life, right?
Marcus and I were out on Friday night when I got this picture of B. What happened you may wonder? He was playing street hockey and swung at the puck/ball thing and didn’t stop swinging. Totally hit himself in the head. Man, he is so my child. Not much grace.
We spent Saturday, July 7th in Summersville WV. There is an awesome lake there and we met Greg and his family. Water is beautiful. Green. Clear. I wish it was a little closer, I would go every weekend!! But 2 hours is a little far for that….sign.
Kids had a great time swimming..
Brady had some more time to practice his jumping skills. He is getting there. Loves it. So does Marcus.
Kenna got up again. She went over the wake!! That is kind of a big deal! Yay McKenna!!!
More time anchored down…. diving competitions and swimming. I think that is my favorite part of boating. Anchoring down. So does that really count as boating?? It is just so nice to just hang out and be together…
Sean. Getting so blonde and has super curly hair. I love it!
Dorito break…
And the biggest event! Marissa kept insisting that she try to wakeboard again. We told her we would let her try. Not expecting at all for her to get it. She had told me that she was the only one in our family that couldn’t wakeboard because Sean didn’t count. Marcus had Kenna get out in the water with her, to help her with the rope and talk her thru it. It worked! Three times and she was up!! And after 2 times, she was up for a long time…like minutes! So excited for her! It is awesome and so neat to see how proud she was of herself. Way to go Miss Riss!!
So that’s about it. Marcus is out of town right now. Hell be back on Wednesday. Miss him. Gonna be a busy week with Volleyball camp and appointments. Next week we are headed to see the Hill Camorra pageant. I am excited. Will be a nice little break.
As always, come see us.
No comments:
Post a Comment