Ah. School gets out here on Thursday May 31. I. Can. Not. Wait. Seriously. Summer means boating, swimming, night games, bbqs, friends, fireflies and sun tans. I love summer. It has been toasty here. Up in the 90’s some days. I love it.. But until Thursday at 3:00 pm, this is what we have been doing….
Kenna was in a community choir. It was really neat the different songs they learned and were able to sing. Poor Kenna though, this is day one of what turned into hand foot and mouth. She had the migraine that starts the fun stuff. She stuck it out in the HOT church and sang her little heart out.
Kenna and Lilli and Kenna and Ava.
Brady’s 10th Birthday…
We always go somewhere for birthday parties. Always. Either a park, pizza, movies, bowling. ANYTHING. So much easier. No mess to clean up. No planning. Its good. So what made me think that not only parties at home were a good idea, but FEAR FACTOR parties?? Pinterest. I was a “Pinterest Mom” for about a weekend. Well, 2 weekends, but I have since come to my senses. Ha ha. Really it was fun. Boys had a great time. Let me just walk you thru 2 hours of Brady’s party.
We started with a game called Good Boy. Boys had to go from one side of the yard to the other with dog biscuits in their mouths, and crawl. They had to do it with 3 biscuits. This was good. They were into it and flying. Notice their awesome team shirts Kenna and I made.
After this game, it went as planned. I cleaned up and got next game ready. Kenna kept boys busy by doing a physical challenge. I think it was winner of pushups.
Then we did Egg Head. There were 8 boys, 6 hard boiled eggs and 2 raw. They each had to crack against forehead. I made them go one at a time. I wanted the picture!! Didn’t work, one boy that had raw cracked in his hand and other little boy (who was little, 6) couldn’t get it to crack! Poor kid. So Egg Head was a bust….or not a bust.
But then someone started throwing the eggs… we had an egg fight.
Next game was called Bait. Boys had to dig face first into whipped cream for gummy worms. Totally gross, but they had fun…
Until after. We had a whipped cream fight….
Next, we had a game called Feed Me. Boys wore bibs and had to eat baby food. This was Chicken and Rice. Nasty. I don’t think any of them got more than a spoonful.
Daniel looks happy, but he seriously threw up after taking that bite. So glad I hadn’t fed them yet. After the one bite of baby food, the spoons started flinging. You guessed it, a baby food fight.
Then we did the Polar Plunge. Kiddie pool was full of ice water with marbles in the bottom Boyer were supposed to get the marbles out with their toes. Tyler got several, the rest of the boys started throwing ice…. Ice Fight.
You would think I would have learned by now??? Nope. We did a game called Mud. Digging thru pudding to get the plastic frogs. Of course we see where this was heading… pudding fight…
Unfortunately we never made it to the Bucket of Spew McKenna made. It was nasty. Cook noodles, frozen spinach, tomato soup, and frozen peas and carrots. Were just going to have them take a bite, but decided I couldn’t handle any actual throw up…well, anyMORE actual throw up. Ended up hosing kids off outside and sending them in to shower. Poor boys were freezing and smelly.
Brady got lots of loot from his friends. I think he had a great time!! Remind me to do a swimming party next year. ;)
Girls Night Out.
Kenna, Marissa and I went out with my friend Jessica and her girlies. We went to dinner and to see a play…Alice in Wonderland. It was super cute! Really, so cute. Done all by kids Kenna’s age and younger. Loved it. Found out that Kenna hadn’t seen the Disney Version. I need to dig it out I guess.
On Brady’s actual birthday, we went to Mariachi Loco, our favorite Mexican restaurant. It was fun. Brady got creamed with the fried ice cream at the end. He loved it.
Then came home for cupcakes and cookies from Breezy. Seriously the bestest cookies ever. Love them and how cute are they??
Keeping the birthday tradition this year, Marcus helped him with a cupcake to the face.
Then inside to open gifts from family. Brady got some money which he was super excited about and a cell phone!! Such a spoiled little man. He is sure cute texting on it though. Just don’t text back if he is driving you.
A little about Brady… Brady drives me. He is crazy and always has to be doing something. He is a planner. If he knows we are doing something, he wants to know exactly when and were we are going, when he should be ready, who is all coming, what we are going to do when we get there and how long we will be gone. He is a great kid. Funny sense of humor and is quick witted. A hard worker! Has struggled in school, but is catching on because he is such a hard worker. Loves having a baby brother. Loves to torment his older sister. Loves to be “the man of the house” while Marcus is out of town. It is so cute when he makes the rounds making sure all the doors are locked. He loves sports. Soccer is probably his favorite to play, but I think we are giving Football and Hockey a try this year. We love you B!
Someone thought it was cool to have kids with birthdays four days apart. I don’t know who that is though!! It’s a lot of work! Figured the girlies would be a lot easier and less messy than the boys… and they were! But we also had A LOT of squealing going on. Loved it though…
Kenna and her friends Katy and Maddye came up to help with the pampering. We had face masks and painted fingers and toes… Complete with cucumbers on the eyes…
Maddye, Katy, Kenna, Michal, Betsy, Megan, Marissa, Emily and Bree.
Marissa’s actual birthday was the Saturday, so when we were able to do cupcakes and cookies, again from Auntie Breezy, before they left… We also had an extra guest today, My cousin Lindsey came in from DC to spend the weekend with us!!
A little about Marissa. She is so totally sweet. Seriously. She loves to hug and snuggle and still loves her baby dolls…not really doing the whole Barbie thing yet to a crazy level. That’s ok with me. She loves pink and Justin Beiber. She loves Sean… and is such an awesome help with him. She loves to tease her dad and visit the neighbors. She makes friends quickly. She loves dance..and catches onto song lyrics quickly. We love to sing in the car.She is TERRIFIED of thunder. She checks my phone for the weather and if there is that little cloud, she sleeps in Brady’s room on the floor. I really cant remember the last time she actually slept in her bed!! We love her to pieces! I can’t believe she is 8 already.
So after waiting a year for WY to give a paper to WV to get the boat licensed here, I finally discovered we don’t need that paper. These three other papers, filled out and notarized and we were going to be good! Yay! So after 2 hours at the DMV, I had the boat licensed!!! BUT…not the boat trailer! Are you freaking kidding me!!! Who does that? So annoyed. It is done so differently here. So I need another VIN verification and another trip to the DMV before we are legal. Ugh. But guess what? It was a Saturday, 92 degrees and we went anyways. And had a blast!
Brady got right up. Just like riding a bike…
And would show off when passing other boats….
I had a turn… but didn’t go over the wake. Scares me! I did go one handed. Does that make me cool??
Marcus got some air. Lindsey did a great job on camera duty! Love them!!!
Sean was anti-lifejacket. Poor guy. We took it off when we were chilling and anchored down. He took a little nap and had his first piece of licorice. He is definitely a red vines fan.
Marissa thought she wanted to try wakeboarding. Didn’t happen today, but well keep trying!!
Not a bad way to spend your 8th birthday, is it Marissa??
We HAD to go back to Mariachi Loco for Marissa’s birthday dinner. She was so excited for her turn for fried ice-cream in the face….. I love her. I love Mexican food.
We just finished a big back deck on our walk out basement. We didn’t have much of a yard back there and what we had was a hill, so didn’t get much use. We decided to do a deck with the help of our neighbor and it looks awesome!! We love it! Going to love spending some summer nights out there. Now for the fire pit….
Went to a BBQ and Sean got to really play with bubbles for the first time. He would get super excited! It was sweet.
Did some shopping while Lindsey was here. We found a size 20 shoe!! What???!!!? It was seriously huge. But only $39 at Gabes if you need a pair. And Brady seriously cannot smile. Such a goober.
Seany Poo hanging out. Love him.
Had our neighbor Maddie come over and play in the pool with Marissa. She has downs and is autistic. Marissa is so so good with her! They were hanging out for over an hour!
So. That’s that. Now have a 13 year old, 10 year old, 8 year old and Seany JUST turned one. That is what I am going to say until he is two. Just turned one… Summer is right around the corner. Cant wait. If you wanna see WV in the summer…maybe hit the lake?? Come on over. Well be waiting. xoxo
2 comments:
wow did I just read like all your kids bday's! looks like you guys have way too much fun. Love all the pics and can't believe how big Sean is these days! Love ya and miss ya!
Holy moly you are a fun mom. I LOVE the Fear Factor party and all the pictures. Hilarious! I want to come and hang out with you and all your fun times! Miss you. Your kids are so cute and look so much like you.
Post a Comment