Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Whew.

Little Sean is seriously such a stinking good baby. We did nothing but snuggle on the couch for the first 3 weeks…thanks to Nana doing all the cooking and laundry. It was awesome. Thank you Nana!

While snuggling on the couch, Kenna and Brady did plenty to entertain us…. introducing Gymnastics Jim. Oh my goodness. I was laughing so hard I was crying. This awesome blue number was mine when I was in Vadels. This is without any prompting. He comes up with this stuff all on his own. It is kinda scary…but totally hilarious!

Sean Newborn Pic Attempt 012Sean Newborn Pic Attempt 013Sean Newborn Pic Attempt 025Sean Newborn Pic Attempt 055

I am not the only one that likes to get in snuggle time.

Sean Newborn Pic Attempt 062

Then an attempt at some Baby Sean pics at 11 days old. He was annoyed that he wasn’t being held.

Still a little jaundiced too. But he is so stinking cute! I really think everyone should wait almost 7 years to have their last baby. It is awesome to have all the help. But even better to just sit and snuggle all day and just enjoy. You realize how precious it is and know all too well how fast it goes. Especially when your 12 year old is helping with diapers and dinner….Too fast. Sit and enjoy. Dishes will wait…or there are always paper plates.

Sean Newborn Pic Attempt 065

Sean Newborn Pic Attempt 092 bwSean Newborn Pic Attempt 093 bwSean Newborn Pic Attempt 153 bwSean Newborn Pic Attempt 197 bwSean Newborn Pic Attempt 147 bwSean Announcement

Marissa has been enjoying the spring-ish weather and got her bike out. She loves to put it in this horrible and ridiculously HUGE pothole in front of our house so that the training wheels balance on both sides. Then she peddles like crazy and goes…no where. She calls it her ‘exercise bike’. She is goofy.

Sean Newborn Pic Attempt 201

We LOVED having Nana here and it went too fast. Marissa was so sad to see her go. But 10 days later…Grandma got to come visit!

Grandma also got a new camera…and has been taking lots of pictures learning how to use it….

Moms Camera 183Moms Camera 185Moms Camera 187Moms Camera 190Moms Camera 191Moms Camera 197

On Saturday, we took Grandma to Pittsburgh to check it out and visit Ikea. I have a love for iKea. Love it.

Anywho, in Pittsburgh there are these cable cars that go up the hill. Marcus and Missy did them last year, but the rest of us hadn’t…so we did. It was pretty cool. And a little freaky to be honest. Especially if you think about how the cars are only held by a cable and only the front corner is actually touching the track. They go up so you are parallel to the ground. Clear as mud? If not, look it up. Ha ha.

Kenna wasn’t here today. She went on her first Temple trip to do baptisms. Our temple is the DC Temple…how awesome is that?? And no fair that she got to go there before Marcus and I!! But I don’t think she knows we did the cable car thing…oops. Ken, we will take you another time…when one of our readers actually comes to see us and would like to go, we will be there!! HINT!

Moms Camera 204Moms Camera 208Moms Camera 212Moms Camera 216Moms Camera 220Moms Camera 221Moms Camera 223Moms Camera 225Moms Camera 227Moms Camera 228Moms Camera 231Moms Camera 236

This is what we did with our iKea purchase. It makes me happy. I woke up the next day telling Marcus that I loved our garage. I love that backpacks and jackets will not be strung out all over the table! Yay! Well, at least that is the plan. Anyone know a good plan for shoes?? We have a laundry basket for them in garage, but you know how often they actually make it into the basket…drives me. But I do love my “Crap Station”. And I love even more that it was out of the boxes, built and hung ON THE SAME DAY!! I love my Marcus!

Moms Camera 263

Another cute Sean, with his big eyes. Sidenote. We call Brady ‘B’…. Have been throwing out nicknames for Baby Sean. We call him ‘Baby Sean’ a lot. Marcus started calling him B.S.!! NO!! Of course he is just doing it to be a pain, but it is probably going to stick. Ha ha.

Moms Camera 244

Then Easter. I have to admit, I totally slept thru the whole Easter Bunny thing. But the kids got some summer clothes and of course candy. Kenna got a little more than she thought she would…. Story.

We LOVE our neighbors, Jo and Charlie. I talk about their daughter, Emily, who is Marissa's WV bff.

Moms Camera 248

We went to their house for Easter dinner. We made some yummy finger food things and headed down.

While things were finishing cooking, Kenners had the kids in the basement playing Zombie Tag. I guess it is where the ‘it’ person closes their eyes and tries to catch you. Kenna was getting away from ‘it’ person and was standing on the back of their couch.{ Let me just say that I would have beat her if I caught her and she DOES know better!! } Anyways, she fell. Marissa screamed. You know, the scream where you KNOW something is wrong…well, either that or she saw a bug. They are kinda the same scream. Marcus and I get down there and Kenna is on the floor. Grandma and Holly looked at it. Was mostly in her elbow, but was hurting all the way to her wrist. Marcus went and got the truck and we got some ice on it and went to Urgent Care…

X-Rays were taken. Upon first glance the dr did think it was fractured…but then it could be a growth plate. So she wants to send us to see an orthopedic specialist. Awesome. Meanwhile she is sporting this awesome sling. I so hope it is not broke. How horrible would that be…summer and boating. And soccer just started. She has only played one game! So much fun. Dr appointment on Wednesday, so we will see.

Moms Camera 246

And another Baby Sean picture. LOVE him!!

Moms Camera 254

2 comments:

Darrell and Alissa said...

I love the nick name BS!! Our kids nicknames just evolve as they get older. Lexi has been Al, Lex, Lexeroonio, Lexington, Lexter. Ashlee has been Ash, Crash, Cash, Smash. Carly was Baby Carly for ever! But when she started crawling she looked like a stink bug and is still called Bug. Baylee has been Baylor, Bubbs, Bayzer, and Bays. I should also mention Darrell's dad called him "Dumb Sh*#" - for years!
Poor Kenna- hopefully it's a fast ecovery- summer would really stink, and be so freaking hot with out any water activities!!

Tara Bergsjo said...

Love that baby! He is soooo stinkin cute!!!