Whelp. October was busy. We had family come into town, which was so so much fun and went extremely too fast… Halloween and our BIG announcement. But any who…here are some of the things we have been doing.
We made Grandma in the Blue House’s Cinnamon Rolls. YUM-O. They even turned out like Grandma’s…almost. Of course not the same, but good anyways.
Then we had family come to town. Marcus’ mom, Aunt Cheryl, Aunt Jan and Uncle George. They came with the excuse of watching the UNLV vs. WVU football game. I keep telling them they don’t need an excuse, but we were so glad they found one anyways.
When they got here, Miss Marissa was wearing this shirt with “I have a secret” on the front and this on the back.…
The most hilarious part was Nana saying that it must have been one of McKenna’s shirts…we looked at Nana and said, “Nope. Not Kenna’s” Pretty funny once it sunk in. I tell you this babe waited until the next day to pop…then holy did it. Looked 6 months overnight….well, maybe not quite, but def past the hiding it stage.
Our backyard neighbors, whom we love, are DIE HARD WVU fans. We all went to dinner and came home to this on the deck. Ha ha. Aren’t they hysterical? Marissa also came home from their house singing a WVU cheer. We put a banner on their deck saying “GO REBELS”…would have been awesome if the Rebs had won…even putting up a fight would have been nice. But oh well. Was still a blast.
Nana, Kenna, A Jan, A Cheryl, Brady, U George, Marcus, Lish and Marissa.
WVU LOVES WVU! We were invited to a tailgate party that was insane. After we left that one to walk around, we were invited to several more…even being UNLV fans. It was awesome. We even ended up on the local news. Yeah, we are cool like that. Was a beautiful day….upper 70’s. Def not the day to wear long sleeved black, but look how cute we look.
Marissa and our backyard neighbor, Emily. They found and raided the Halloween stuff. Kenna was in charge of makeup. They thought they were so cool. Especially in the matching Chickens…
Marissa hanging out with Nana
Nana also made Grandma Hazel’s Chicken and Noodles. It is something I HAD to learn how to do. They are amazing. So so so good. It was so fun to make (well, watch Mary make) eat and reminisce about Grandma. What great memories.
Marcus has also started working out regularly. Brady, being his little mini-me works out right alongside him. I love it. He is so funny. Gets annoyed that Marcus will only let him use the 3 and 5 lb. weights.
The view from our deck. Trees are so stinking pretty.
{Insert Picture of Yummy Goodness Halloween Treats Here}
They were gone before that was even possible. Thank you Breezy!! Carrot Cake Balls and Brownie Balls are my two new favorite things ever, and so on my request list for Christmas time snackin. Yum.
Carving Pumpkins…. The kids all did really well. Marissa and Brady poked their own patterns and Kenna did hers all herself. They turned out super cute, except, mom of the year forgot candles. Oops.
See that belly??!? I tell ya.
Marcus and I were invited to a Costume party down the street. Honestly, I didn’t think he would go. That type of thing is COMPLETELY out of his comfort zone. Although he never said he would go, he didn’t put up the fight I was expecting, so I had to come up with something that he would actually wear…and I could fit into.
Not the greatest picture since you cant see my skirt or my jug of Sunny D. I will have to get the pics Jo took off her camera….
Juno and Bleeker.
Party was a lot of fun. Marcus even said he felt underdressed and if we go next year, he wants to go all out. Wha-hoo!! Lots of fun. Some of the costumes people had were awesome. Seriously. So creative!!
Then our kiddos. Marissa was Princess Jasmine, Kenna a Mid-evil Princess and B a Pirate.
Trick or Treating was on Saturday here, and so awesome. They close the road to our development so there is no car traffic at all. Then everyone sits on their porches or in the driveways handing out candy. It was awesome. I love where we live.
And “Goldie” Details…
Well. With Marissa turning 7 in May, having another baby was the last thing I thought we would ever do. We were done…like DONE. Have not one baby item, maternity piece, didn’t get baby hungry…DONE.
I had always said that I was as permanent as we were gonna get with an IUD…and didn’t ever have plans or thoughts to get more permanent, cuz you never know, I never really felt one way or the other that we were done. But Marcus was sure. He was absolutely sure we were done. With him being so sure, I trusted his feelings and was completely happy and content with our 3. Was going to be 42 when Marissa is 18. How freaking cool is that?!!
Then last October-ish, Marcus made a comment about having another baby. I was floored. If you know Marcus, he does NOT joke about that. Ever. At all. Once that conversation got flowing I started thinking about Saturday’s Warriors. About that part when Emily is up in heaven begging for Jimmy to be understanding and to want her to come down and be a part of their family. I have this picture in my head of our children that chose us in the pre-existence…and one way or the other we are going to get them. I decided, although TERRIFING to be starting all over again, I would much rather have our little person become a part of our family now, than in 10 years…
So we slept on it. Talked about it. Prayed about it. Slept on it some more…finally made the appointment to get ‘un-plugged’ in January. Was nervous and excited. We were just going to see what happened. Then life happened. Moving…across the country, and not having a husband for four months kinda put our plans on hold once again.
Got my husband back, Got those 2 lines…really incredibly fast. The entire time…and still, I will look at Marcus and say how crazy we are….but yet, it feels so so right.
Kids are beyond excited. Brady wants a boy, saying that even the dog is a girl… and the girls would prefer a girl, but would be fine either way. I honestly don’t care either way, which is weird…I have always had a preference before, although, we know it really doesn’t matter. I don’t have that ‘instinct’ this time either. All my dreams are girl, but symptoms and cravings are all boy. Who knows. I just want to be able to take Goldie home from the hospital before he/she is a month old.
This pregnancy has also kicked my bootie. Big time. I didn’t get off the couch or out of bed for about 3 months. No lie. I kept telling Marcus I am way too old for this. It was SOO much worse than any of the other kids. If I wasn’t throwing up, I felt like I was going to…and soo soo tired. Took almost 16 weeks before I felt normal. Maybe I was this sick with one of the others, but with chasing another kid or two around, I didn’t have time to think about how sick I was?!? Who knows, but I am SO glad that part is over. I am sure Marcus and the kids are too.
I am 18 weeks today, due April 4. The big reveal is on the 10th. We are taking all the kids with us. I have this picture in my head of Brady throwing his hands over his face and crying… “Nooooooo!!” if it is a girl, or doing his happy dance if it is a boy….by the way, IF it is a boy, name suggestions are appreciated. Otherwise he may be called Gold, like for real. Some that wont work, but I have had fun thinking of….Chase, Drew, Hunter, Grayson (Grey), River, Jonah, Holden, Pat, Joel (sounds like Jelly), Clay…which is really too bad, because I like some of those names.
So there you have it. ;0)
4 comments:
I can't wait for the big reaveal! I never thought how hard it would be with the last name Fish... I thought Wiser was hard!
We miss you guys so much! We need to find a half way point, we are going to Nauvoo again this Summer if you guys want to take a LONG drive with a new baby!
I can't wait for next Wednesday!!! I wish I lived were you do. It is gorgeous. Sounds like your having a blast!
Congrats! You have such a cute, fun family! Good luck with everything!
Glad you had a great October. Hope everything goes well with the pregnancy!
Post a Comment