Saturday, October 17, 2009

This and That...

A few random things that have been going on here in The Rock...
We have had McKenna so sick, she spent the night in the bathroom. Notice how her dog is still there with her. That cracked me up. Thank goodness it was just a 12 hour bug and she felt better fast. Even better, no one else got it!!
Marcus made this sandwich for Kenna's school lunch. Hilarious, especially since she was embarrassed about it. He told her to tell everyone that "her daddy made it for his honey bunny". Apparently it isn't "cool" to be a honey bunny in the 5th grade. Still sweet tho. Love it.
Marcus had to go to Pennsylvania and West Virginia for 2 weeks for work. I have to say that I am the worlds biggest weenie. I HATE being alone. I HATE sleeping alone. I HATE being a single mom. I absolutely HATE it when he has to leave. Thank goodness it doesnt happen too often. It sucks.

Marcus flew out on Sept 18 which was a Friday. It just happened that my mom had a get-together planned with her brothers and sister and their families in Bear Lake that weekend. So we took off after the kids soccer games on Saturday. It was fun. Gave me something to do, so that was nice. I love Bear Lake, and it was a beautiful day there. Was really nice seeing my cousins as well.
Grampy buried Brady in the sand.

Then he got to bury Marissa.

Then had to help her rinse off.

We spent a few hours on Grampy's boat. Marissa LOVES the cabin.

I dont even know what this is called. Somehow we got the name of "Sumo Tube" from us. It is hilarious. I laughed so hard, I hurt for 2 days. Loved it. They would jump and spin. Funniest thing ever! I tell ya, great entertainment. Coltin went first.

Jeff also went. I think CJ was getting Jeff back for the way Jeff drove when Coltin was in the sumo tube....Jeff managed to hang on and flip CJ the bird while in the tube. Funny. Of course, that just made CJ go that much faster and crazier.
Marissa hangin out in the cabin.

Marissa "sleeping" in the cabin.

After a very yummy dinner, we went across the hill to Grandma and Grandpa in the Blue House's for the night. It was great visiting with them. My cousin Tara and her kids came out too and that was fun. Crazy seeing how big they are and what the are up to.We checked out Grandpas Punkin Patch...And jumped on the trampoline...Over the next LONG week, I was busy repainting the downstairs bathroom and cleaning carpets and house getting ready for Aunt Cheryl, Uncle George and Aunt Jan to come up on Thursday (24) from Las Vegas for a visit and a trip to Laramie for the UNLV/Wyo Cowboys game. Major bummer that Marcus wasn't home, but it was planned before he left, or even knew that he might be leaving.... sigh.
A Cheryl and U George showed up in their new little toy. By little I mean 40 feet. A freaking motor home that is absolutely AMAZING. I am so excited for them. I have a feeling that we will be seeing a lot more of them....always a good thing.
Friday night (27) before we left for the UNLV game, I received this text from My Marcus....
I was so so excited. He flew into Denver and rented a car and drove to Laramie. We managed to surprise everyone, which was really cool. I was so excited to have him back. I tell ya, I HATE being alone!!
Miss Riss, aka, UNLV Cheerleader. *although we totally GAVE the game to the Cowboys. Sad*
Aunt Cheryl and Aunt Jan. You think they are sisters?? lol.Marcus. (yay!!), Rissa and Brady.Funny little story. I had called around trying to find Aunt Jan and our family hotel rooms in Laramie. If you know Laramie at all, it really isn't that big and there really isn't that big of a selection. But, I got this one hotel that had a 3 bed suite for $189. Cool. We can just get the one room and be good to go. Way cheaper than buying 2 rooms and we can visit for that much longer. We are pumped.

So, let me ask you this. When you hear Suite, you think walls and nice right? NOT IN LARAMIE!!

This is what we got.
3 Queen beds AND a hide-a-bed in ONE room with PINK carpet. There was iron burns on the floor and 3 freaking towels. THREE!! You have to laugh. But next time, we are driving home. lol.
We have also had VERY elaborate forts built in the laundry room. Separate rooms and doors and everything. It was impressive.
And some soccer games. Here is Brady (in Red). He loves soccer. I love that he loves soccer. He is a fast little bugger.
And Marissa (in Purple). She is completely MY DAUGHTER. Seriously. She kills me. She likes the idea of soccer way more than the actually game. I think it is just the jazzy uniforms and doing what all her friends are doing than it is the game.
I cant blame her tho. The only reason I played softball was cuz my friends did and we got to cheer... There was a little bullfrog, who sat upon a log. He rooted for the other team he had no sense at all. He fell into the water, and bumped his little head. And when he came back to again, this is what he said...Go! Go! Go!.....*if you can continue, you rock.

So that is what has been going on in The Rock. Jed and Chelsea and the babe are here. Cant wait to meet Damien tomorrow, so excited. Marcus leaves again Monday. Sniff. And that is about all the excitement here. Happy October.


post signature


3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Wish we would have been able to see you guys when you were up. Sounds like you've been pretty busy! Love you all!

brenda said...

How fun(and busy) for you guys. I too hate being alone, I don't think I could be a military wife. Next time you come to CV for more than one night call me and we can hit El Sol or something.

Tara Bergsjo said...

It was so fun to see you and your kids!!