I am still not really sure. I know they ran the red light, and with me turning, we pretty much hit head on. I was going really slow, but he was booking it trying to get thru the light. Miraculously, no one was hurt. My airbags went off and I smacked my head against the door and had a headache for 4 days straight. Have some funky bruises on my legs from who know what, but nothing big. Brady was in the back in a seat belt and was totally fine. He also hit is head on the door, but wasn't even sore the next day.
The other car had 4 people in it. No one went to the hospital. There were two kids in the backseat, both in carseats, but neither carseat was buckled into the car. So so lucky. I remember finding that Marissa's carseat had been accidentally unfastened once after going to Walmart. I was sick. Once kids start buckling themselves in, that happens...they hit the wrong button. So scary.
Marcus had gone to take a friend out to the Gorge to show him where to camp for the weekend. I couldn't get ahold of him. Of course. I did text him. It said...'Got in a wreck. Not my fault. Were ok. Just had Brady.' Marcus loved how I stated it wasn't my fault before I said we were ok. He said he is an asshole...but not THAT big of one. Ha ha ha.
Had my(Kenna's) camera in my purse, here is a pic from the scene. Prob a good thing I really didn't check the car out at the time. I may have freaked.
We even made the Saturday paper. I love how it is all about the traffic. Made me laugh. But this was my first look at how it really looked. Eek.
Then yesterday we went to the tow yard to get all our stuff out of it. Dang. I am surprised I didn't have an engine in my lap. My poor car. I am sure it is totaled. The kicker??! It was paid for. Of course.
So...now we are car shopping. I am thinking I want a SUV again. Maybe a Crossover.
When I was talking to the car rental place she said that since I had a minivan she would get me the biggest car they had. Really? I was flashing to images of a big Lincoln Continental or something. Ick. I told her "Common, I have been driving a minivan for the last 4 years...cant I have something fun??" I got a 2009 Chrysler Sebring. About as fun as you are going to get from the rental place. It is cute though.
8 comments:
I'M SO glad you guys are ok, the car looks bad. Ellie unbuckles her seat so I have to check it all the time and it makes me so mad, if only they knew! HOpefully no more headaches.
Lish~ My goodness! I am so glad that you are okay!! We have a Yukon XL and we LOVE it :) It makes me feel so much safer to be in a big SUV.
Suck... I giggled when I scrolled down to a pic of a mini van! Somehow I didn't pic you driving one! Glad every one is okay!
Ber...in my defense it is/was completely loaded. It was a very nice minivan!! Lol. But I am thinking we are done with that phase since we dont have 3 carseats anymore...whew.
Wow, that could have been so much worse! I am glad you are okay!! That van really got tore up!! SCARY!!!!!
Wow, that could have been so much worse! I am glad you are okay!! That van really got tore up!! SCARY!!!!!
So glad you guys are all ok- how scary! I will say I was shocked you had a mini van as well- did Marcus drive it too?! I was more devestated to get our mini van then Darrell was- but now I am drooling over another one- of course fully loaded!!
Sooo glad everybody is Okay! Miss you all!
Love ya!
Post a Comment