Sooo... as you could see from a previous post that Armani and Silvie like to escape and go for a stroll around town. We figured out they were getting out in the backyard where a piece/plank? of fence was missing. Sam went out and piled rocks in front of it so they wouldn't be able to get out anymore. Yippee!! Right? NEGATIVE!!
I let them out yesterday around noon. Didn't think anything of it. Wasn't feeling so hot, so I went and laid in bed and read...(The Twilight Series is soo good! I used to tease Teresa because she has read it at least 10 times...not kidding, but I read all 3 books in about 4 days. You can imagine what my house looks like...eek.) ANYWAYS...
Brady came up about an hour and half later asking where the dogs were. Told them in the back yard and to let them in. Nope, not there! The little retards were able to pull the rocks down and got out. Dangit! Marcus and I got in the truck and went to find them....like we had the day before. After almost an hour of finding streets in our neighborhood we didn't know were there, we gave up. Sam and Chris went to look..Marcus and I did again....and again...and again.
Kenna had gotten home from Steamboat Springs (she went with a friend)...and started to freak. The later it got, the more quiet and teary-eyed she got. She LOVES Silvie. It is HER dog. Silvie sleeps with McKenna: under the covers...it is insane how much she spoils that dog. We had a little talk with her before bed that we would go to the pound in the morning, but there was nothing we could do. She teared up and went to bed.
Marcus and I were sick....not that our house wouldn't be soo much quieter less two dogs, but I was sick thinking about what it was going to do to her. Then we were just hoping they were inside SOMEWHERE because it was snowing.... Chris (Sam's boyfriend) was typical, just upset about all the money they had spent on Armani. Cracks me up.
About a half hour later we could hear Kenna crying...really sobbing. I felt so bad for her. Marcus told her to get her pillow and blanket and come in on our floor, which she did. Bad mom of the year moment, but we gave her a Tylenol pm...I didn't think any of us would get any sleep otherwise. Poor thing.
We pulled up to the pound at 8:30 and low and behold Armani and Silvie are in the outside kennel/cage part for potty time I guess. Kenna starts screaming/crying "My baby! My baby!" See..it is HER dog!
Went in and it was $44 to bail each dog, PLUS we got two $50 ticket for them being unlicensed and at large. Suck. The kicker, they were picked up a HOUSE AWAY!!! Are you freaking KIDDING ME?? I understand that they were out and I am glad they took them so they were safe for the night, but why not look at Silvies tag, bring her down and we would have gladly paid the $200 just to NOT to have to go through that night. We wasted HOURS looking for them...Kenna is probably traumatized...not really, but I am feeling a little dramatic.
Soo glad they are home. Marcus is going to rig the fence good tonight. I don't think he wants to go through that anymore than Kenna does. Thank goodness!!!
6 comments:
Holy hannah lady!! What a night! Poor Kenna, that breaks my heart. I am so glad you found them. There's a thin line between love and hate with animals isn't there? Also, so excited you are going to Cancun. You are going to LOVE it! The water is so beautiful. Warning, wear LOTS of sunscreen! Worst sunburn I ever got was in Cancun. You guys are going to have a blast!!
Oh! That totally sucks. I've been there before. Those dang fees. My little yorkie Chase was out going potty at my house in Brigham and freaking lady up the street had been watching him and took him right from our yard. Shaved his hair all off. We hung posters everywhere. I cried for a week. I had called all the animal hospitals around telling them to keep there eyes open for him. Well low and behold they got a lady call in for a check up on a male yorkie. Who lived up the street from me. Gave me her phone number so I called her and had it out with her. Yep she had my dog. Took a while to get it out of her. But wow what a relief it was to get him back. I really feel for Kenna. By the way you are an awesome mom!!! It is kind of a fine line between love and hate on pets.
So glad you finally found Kenna's baby. Pretty smart dogs to figure the rocks out. But they are still stupid. I am also excited for you to go to Cancun. Jealious, but excited.
I think that this is why I don't have a dog! Can I be invited to Cancun with you please. I promise I won't wear a bikini! I have no idea if I spelled that right.
You guys crack me up... there are 16 of us going so far, so come on down!! Pretty cheap...$3500 for my family...all inclusive so come on! We will have a blast.... I think your pregnant belly would be adorable in a bikini Tara... Unless of course Reese gave you the strech marks Brady did me...eek.
Yikes...that is like when I lost my children! Kidding, I don't have kids...but seriously, that is not cool! Thank goodness they were all right!! What is this Cancun crap?
Post a Comment