McKenna cutting the ribbon..
Oops, one ripped. A great perk EATING IT!
Punching the holes....
Such concentration.
Look at the stash under his chin. Not quite enough hands.
Ta Da! There are hundreds of pieces of candy on the tree. It is insane. That isn't even all of it, we ran out of ribbon for the rest.
So, we have a tradition. I don't think we started it intending for it to become a tradition, but maybe that is the best kind. When we were first married, like most, we were broke as a joke. Christmas was coming and we didn't have the money to buy ornaments for our tree. Well, many years before, my family had a Candy Tree. I told Marcus about it and we did it. It turned out really cute. Later, the kids just get such a kick out of our Candy Tree that we have done it ever since. It makes it nice come after Christmas, there usually isn't much left to un-decorate...
4 comments:
I bet your kids have so much fun decorating the tree. if it were mine I would probably eat all of the candy before it got put on the tree. hey send me your address to my email.
I remember your candy tree in the appt- one day when I get brave enough to not eat the whole dang thing I might try it!
That is such a neat tradition! I need to figure out something like that when our kids get older. They won't like the way I decorate our tree!!
Sounds like a fun tradition. I have a funny story about a time when my mom was taking you and Tara to the mall it has changed my life forever. I will have to tell you sometime. I think I am the only one that remembers it.
Merry Christmas.
Post a Comment